The MT-07 Forum

2015 Yamaha R3

weazsel

• Premium Member

Spent the weekend putting this deal together for my buddy. For the past few weeks he's been looking for his first bike. We were looking at Honda Rebels, Yamaha Vstars (small one), CBR250s and a lot of other "beginner bikes." 

He eventually decided on the R3. He was going to purchase new and finance it but it was a lot more than he wanted to spend. After perusing craigslist I came across a few R3s priced from $3,500 (dropped once) to $4,500. 

Long story short we ended up getting a mint 2015 Yamaha R3 with 2,700 miles, M4 slip on exhaust, fender eliminator and some bar end sliders for $2,900 total!

We went and picked it up on Saturday night and I got to use my track day motorcycle carrier for the first time!  :)

What a cool little bike. I spent Sunday afternoon with him giving riding lessons in a vacant parking lot. He's taking the MSF course in a couple weeks. 

This bike has a nice display set up. Gear indicator, analog tach (revs to like 12k rpm) and even an adjustable shift light. Riding position is ridiculously comfortable. You can sit upright and it feels perfect or you can crouch and that would work real nice with a set of aftermarket rear sets. Riding around this bike feels VERY light. I'm really happy for him and look forward to some adventures with a riding buddy!

R31.jpg

R32.jpg

R33.jpg

R34.jpg

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

ahh, so that was you posting over on yamaha-r3 about almost getting it for 2700.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Nice find!!! Same color that I had... Then again, I think all my Yamahas had some type of blue in the color scheme. Safe to assume it's probally my favorite color. Lol.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Great looking bike! Yamaha has really been on a roll with the FZ/MT line, the new R3 and the sexy-as-hell R1. Just fuels the anticipation for the new R6. 

• Premium Member
Great looking bike! Yamaha has really been on a roll with the FZ/MT line, the new R3 and the sexy-as-hell R1. Just fuels the anticipation for the new R6. 
Now that's a bike I can't wait to see (new R6) 
:)

- Paulie

Now that's a bike I can't wait to see (new R6) 
:)

- Paulie

I'm actually waiting for that also. I've been looking for news regarding it, but it's been the same news for months. Hurry up and take my money Yamaha!!!!

• Premium Member
ahh, so that was you posting over on yamaha-r3 about almost getting it for 2700.
Haha no not me. That's my friend on there. His name is probably sqc049. The back story on that... we make a deal for $2,700 and 6 minutes before I get to his house he changes his mind.   
He's already peeping my cartridge upgrades so after a little while of riding he'll be hitting you up for an upgrade! @pattonme I think it's better for him to get a feel for the bike and then be able to really feel the difference.

Nice find!!! Same color that I had... Then again, I think all my Yamahas had some type of blue in the color scheme. Safe to assume it's probally my favorite color. Lol.
My friend's original choice was red/white but the team colors look awesome! 

Yeah man... Yamaha is KILLING it lately. He was looking at the KTM and the Honda as well. R3 won in almost every category.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Good thing he didn't go KTM (I'm assuming RC390). One look at the RC390 forums and the multitude of problems the bike has... egad.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Loved my 2015 new r3 put 22000Kms in just under 5 months. Only sunny days. Sold it for 2500 to a friend and got my fz best bike I've ridden great power and size

I had red white and throw on some s20 evo tires.. grip like mad!

IMO the r3 suspension is 100X better then the fz07 that is 1 thing I miss about it. And the best dash in the business
And the R3 has a proper starter switch too ... lol.  
You can tell the R3 is a labour of love for Yamaha. The attention to detail is awesome.  I wished they put the 07 motor in a similar chassis. 

Guest ChicagoAJ
IMO the r3 suspension is 100X better then the fz07 that is 1 thing I miss about it. And the best dash in the business
And the R3 has a proper starter switch too ... lol.  
You can tell the R3 is a labour of love for Yamaha. The attention to detail is awesome.  I wished they put the 07 motor in a similar chassis. 

Now that would be something to be reckoned with. However, the new R6 might be just that (to an extent). 

If the new R6 is as comfy as the R3 they will have a winner for sure. Trouble with most sportbikes is the too aggressive riding position for me. They dialed it in perfect with the R3.

Guest ChicagoAJ
If the new R6 is as comfy as the R3 they will have a winner for sure. Trouble with most sportbikes is the too aggressive riding position for me. They dialed it in perfect with the R3.
I doubt it, but we can hope. 

Archived