The MT-07 Forum

Shad E48 saddlebags

Redstang4

26d3d6deaf3f15ce1208252d21023f48.jpg

Packing was excellent. 

a2df026d9a44f9b158482b172f777492.jpg

d7cea135ed87dd48941c53cb62ae606d.jpg

b71e372279c5d9911c2eaa3a1db9b6fe.jpg

Overall the bags are very nice quality and I would absolutely get them over. I will add a pic of the inside and them expanded. Easy enough on, and strap fits under the rear seat so can still use cycle guys bag if need. Though now I think I am going to search for a cheap seat cowl to put back there.

I have been waiting for these bags for just about 2 months after initial purchase. I am not going to put shadonline on blast here because I do not feel that would be appropriate. But I will say their customer service leaves much to be desired.  I could have ordered these off ebay and not had the hassle I did, But I wanted to order through the dealer and even expressed both those things to the dealer.

TLDR//::  bags are great, shad dealer not so amazing in my experience- maybe look to ebay to buy.

• Premium Member

Great! Thanks for posting this set up. Ive been eyeing these for a few months now and are still at the top of my list. They're definitey a lot larger than I expected. I can just imagine of all the stuff my wife can cram in there on a road trip. :P

I see the strap running through the OEM tail there. Do you feel running that strap as you have is mandatory? I suppose the racks will keep the bags from slopping around into the wheel-well.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 3 months later...

3.5 month--7 thousand miles later review

Build quality has held up well so far, seen everything but snow-that will be very soon. Carry capacity is fantastic, much larger than the bags I had on my shadow. Held up well to a 35mph lowside, minor scuffs to material and one of the zippers.

Only negative is when it rains. The rain covers do nothing to keep the water out, but do a wonderful job holding it IN >:D . Quit using the covers, pool inside the bags not wanted at all!

Overall I guess they're worth it. Cheaper than the Yamaha/SW Motech bags, larger as well if I remember correctly. Hard cases would really be ideal but that is costly, which is where these step in.

• 6 months later...

10-ish month review. Somewhere around another 10k miles later.

Had a high side shortly after the 3.5 month review. 45 mph on the clutch side. Held up really well again.

The bags have faded considerably. Will upload pictures this afternoon.

Overall I will again say I guess they're worth it. Though I really wish these Shrike mounts(forum vendor) were available when I purchased the SHAD system.  

That is a nice setup! I got the poor man's version. Shad zulu soft bags. Big suckers. I had a credit with Yamaha for accessories and ordered them.

Another member posted his homemade guard to keep the bags away from the tire. I copied that and thanks to whoever it was that gave me a cheap solution.

We just got back from a 900 kms ride and had no problems. Wife said she didn't even know they were there.

Archived