The MT-07 Forum

Noob from DFW

KamelReds

• Premium Member

What's up y'all?

Name is Kyle, in Denton(DFW) and I just picked up a '16 and am loving every second with the bike so far.

I've been riding for a couple of years, but this is my first bike that I've personally owned. I'm really excited to spend a lot of time with her over the next few years!

She's a '16 with aftermarket mirrors, frame sliders, and the fender removal kit. I think she looks great and have an LED headlight on the way, as well as a windscreen. In the works is an exhaust and maybe an intake and tune after that.

Anyway, here she is, picked her up with <2k miles.

1727517f6a60f15ebb578d04243be977.jpg778f32a3095236e1fd442232fd4e846c.jpg171367093dbe0369f4eec2e3399fe0e4.jpg

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the club! Be sure to check out some of cool stuff on offer in the vendors section. If you're looking for an intake have a look at the one from Hordpower.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Welcome and congrats on your nice, new bike! Nice toy collection you have there and that floor!  ;)

BTW, If you don't have a lift to do maintenance with, one of these would be nice and they serve multiple purposes. I like how I don't have to worry about it falling over on soft ground.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BZFE3MO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Beemer

• Premium Member

Thanks all!

One of the first things I bought, besides the windscreen and LED headlight, was a motorcycle lift.

I've been working on cars my entire life, so I knew I was going to need something to get the bike in the air so I could do my own work. :)

Thanks again for the welcome!

Welcome! Did you get that bike from Freedom Powersports? I think I saw that one when I went in to buy mine.

Welcome! I'm in Fort Worth (Benbrook) and can typically also be found in Arlington (UTA).

What?? I'm right off of Dirks Rd. I didn't think there were any FZs near me.

• Premium Member
Welcome! Did you get that bike from Freedom Powersports? I think I saw that one when I went in to buy mine.

I did. Got a pretty good deal on it too, it belonged to landlord of their hq office.

• Premium Member

It's great to see so many close to me. (in DFW terms lol)

We should definitely setup a ride night, it would be great as the only person I know with a bike is my brother and his is currently in pieces.

• Premium Member

Well, I've started an IRC as well, so hit that up.

Check out an app called EatSleepRide, let's us join a group and link up that way.

If y'all want, I can send an invite via email to a group on EatSleepRide -- just pm me your username.

Archived