The MT-07 Forum

Pro Taper bars

crsnhppr

Yep, dirtbike bars are the way to go and Protaper makes a ton of different sizes and shapes. You can see some here

Renthal also makes some awesome handlebars see some here

I had Renthals on my FZ-09 and they made a world of difference. What I do is buy tubes of silicone and fillt he bars with the silicone and let it dry for a few days with the ends taped.

Then, after installing, with the bars full of silicone, all vibrations are gone. This seriously reduces fatigue and allows you to ride longer.

It's an upgrade that I recommend highly.

I had to remove the clips holding the brake lines in place on the forks and all that up there, it's a tight fit. It feels ,however, - lot a lot better to me . Little more forward position. Wider more comfortable grip. /!: wheelies feel better

The fz07 and fz09 basically have a crappy stock version of Dirtbike handlebars.
Cept they are heavy and have a real low bend because the bike is made where people are shorter than us.

Any of the Dirtbike bars that I linked above will be a huge improvement and also reduce vibrations just from being aluminum.

Yep, dirtbike bars are the way to go and Protaper makes a ton of different sizes and shapes. You can see some here  
Renthal also makes some awesome handlebars see some here

I had Renthals on my FZ-09 and they made a world of difference. What I do is buy tubes of silicone and fillt he bars with the silicone and let it dry for a few days with the ends taped.

Then, after installing, with the bars full of silicone, all vibrations are gone. This seriously reduces fatigue and allows you to ride longer.

It's an upgrade that I recommend highly.
Really cool idea with the silicone. I don't find the vibes too bad with my renthal soft grips or even stock, but heck even more comfort is always welcome. Good tip!

Archived