The MT-07 Forum

Is motostarz a good place to shop online?

bornagainbiker

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with shopping online at motostarz.ca?  I am considering buying a Puig windscreen from this site, but I have had no previous dealings with motostarz.  Any reviews of their service would be greatly appreciated.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Guest ChicagoAJ

I've ordered a few things from them, no issues. But I've heard and read a lot of horror stories about the site. Their prices outweighed the bad stories I've heard and didn't stop me from trying them out.

They were really quick to reply to my email questions, however, since they're based in Canadaland the shipping to the US is kind of slow. I think it took a couple weeks for each item I ordered to get to me.

I ordered twice from them I believe, but one item was shipped directly from Yoshimura in CA, so that probably doesn't count (it seems if you order a Yoshimura exhaust new from anywhere, it always ships from their California warehouse- at least I'm assuming, I also ordered a Yoshi from Revzilla for my other bike and same thing).

I think I also ordered blinkers (or bar ends), don't remember. They have a warehouse in WA for US orders. Blaine WA if I recall correctly.

I didn't have any issues both times.  I emailed them asking if they had the Yoshi exhaust in stock (this was right when it was released in Oct-Nov? 2014) and they responded to the email at least within an hour if that helps any on their customer service.

I do find it odd that they are not on resellerratings even though they've been around a few years.

• Premium Member

I purchased a bunch from them 6 months ago. But on their US site - motostarz.com.

No complaints. Everything came on time, as promised.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I bought a Puig windscreen from them last summer. I was uncomfortable with the online ordering. My browser complained about their security on the order form. AFTER I bought the item I was notified I should buy shipping insurance. They did not ship the item until I phoned. "It's here. I'm shipping it out today" says the sales clerk. Wtf!
It did arrive undamaged and in good condition. I bought a second Puig from Fortnine. A bit more money but worth the piece of mind.
Good luck.

I would not buy for them again if I didn't have to. Poor communication and took 2 months to sort out problems they were at fault with.

motomummy and solomotoparts are good as is motostorm in italy.  got helmet boots and jacket with no problem and came quickly.

also jakewilson had the best price on tires anywhere

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
I bought a Puig windscreen from them last summer. I was uncomfortable with the online ordering. My browser complained about their security on the order form. AFTER I bought the item I was notified I should buy shipping insurance. They did not ship the item until I phoned. "It's here. I'm shipping it out today" says the sales clerk. Wtf! It did arrive undamaged and in good condition. I bought a second Puig from Fortnine. A bit more money but worth the piece of mind.
Good luck.
I have bought a lot of stuff from FortNine and have to say they have excellent service--maybe it is worth paying a little more and sticking with a company that I know is good.  ::)

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

• Global Moderator

I have bought a couple of things through their US site with no problems at all. The prices have been very good.

Archived