The MT-07 Forum

North Calacky

howworkclutch

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Whatsit called? Liquid gangrene? :)

Two weeks ago Saturday I rode a buell 1125r off a cliff. Not by choice. Something in the transmission went kaput as I was setting up for a tight right curve. So the bike is not repairable and I'm really banged up. Meh.

One week from Saturday I had a new fz07 delivered to my door. I put 23 hard miles on it, changed oil and filter, and went to the mountains for a nice 190 mile ride.

It's at 492 miles today. By Saturday it should be at 650. Just in time for another oil change and maybe tightening some bits and bobs.

Coming off a liter bike, I thought I'd be miserable. But if I'm honest: the fz07 has a really nice getup-and-go. I really love the steering and the lightness. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to the wonky suspension. It's not bad it's just not good. I'll probably swap the shock with one from the buell (it was a hair soft on that bike but should feel great on the yam.) and call around for help with the forks.

Kool bike. I think the power is just perfect for the tight twisties we have in the western part of the state.

Congrats to all you who acquired a great little machine. My apologies to everyone who bought the slow colors :)

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Two weeks ago Saturday I rode a buell 1125r off a cliff. Not by choice. Something in the transmission went kaput as I was setting up for a tight right curve. So the bike is not repairable and I'm really banged up. Meh.

One week from Saturday I had a new fz07 delivered to my door. I put 23 hard miles on it, changed oil and filter, and went to the mountains for a nice 190 mile ride.

It's at 492 miles today. By Saturday it should be at 650. Just in time for another oil change and maybe tightening some bits and bobs.

Coming off a liter bike, I thought I'd be miserable. But if I'm honest: the fz07 has a really nice getup-and-go. I really love the steering and the lightness. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to the wonky suspension. It's not bad it's just not good. I'll probably swap the shock with one from the buell (it was a hair soft on that bike but should feel great on the yam.) and call around for help with the forks.

Kool bike. I think the power is just perfect for the tight twisties we have in the western part of the state.

Congrats to all you who acquired a great little machine. My apologies to everyone who bought the slow colors :)
I agree on the rear shock, I did tighten the preload on mine and it helped greatly. Have you tried that?  If you do come up on front suspension, let me know what you're planning to do please. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
why cant they make something that you turn to stiffen the fork springs like the back shock?
Lol, I was told that sometimes replacing the oil in the forks with a different blend would help the issue in the front.  I did see a pic somewhere of an 07 with what appeared to be 09 forks on it.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

The forum has had some offers for fork fixes:  http://fz07.org/thread/658/ak20-damper-rod-group-forks

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

If I could afford those prices I would have gotten a triumph 675r with ohlins built-in. My buddy has one and it's one sweet sweet cornering machine.

I'm not sure how traxxion arrived at that price. Maybe I missed the part where they throw in a new set of tires and do your next ten oil changes.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived