The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar Mounts

peices

Hey all,

I recently flipped my MT pulling away from a set of light a little too vigourously. Rookie error...
Ive replaced all damaged parts, including a set of custom made drag bars, and everything seems well. However I have noticed that the handlebars are sitting slightly cockeyed as opposed to the top triple tree. As far as I can tell, the forks are straight as ever, but the bars are still further back on the left. I can not see any bends in the actual mounts, so I was thinking it might be the rubber mounts, but i cant be sure. Has anyone had a similar issue/know how to fix it?

• Global Moderator
Hey all, 
I recently flipped my MT pulling away from a set of light a little too vigourously. Rookie error...
Ive replaced all damaged parts, including a set of custom made drag bars, and everything seems well. However I have noticed that the handlebars are sitting slightly cockeyed as opposed to the top triple tree. As far as I can tell, the forks are straight as ever, but the bars are still further back on the left. I can not see any bends in the actual mounts, so I was thinking it might be the rubber mounts, but i cant be sure. Has anyone had a similar issue/know how to fix it?

You can loosen the bottom of the clamps under the triple and holding the front wheel with your feet, rotate the bars until they are straight with the wheel

Ive had a few issues with this, mostly from dropping the bike(read....forgetting kickstand)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived