The MT-07 Forum

The no problem thread!

coleman67

• Global Moderator

2000 miles on mine, no problems. I fact it runs better then it ever did. Even sounds better.

I wouldn't call my stalling a 'problem' because I didn't really do anything to solve it. Anything else I did on the bike is regular maintenance and making it look prettier.

• Global Moderator

No problems here either. I thought I was having stalling issues, but it always happened just as I was about to shut the bike down anyway. It turned out the kickstand cutoff switch works just fine :).

Glad to see all the replies! Usually these forums are rampant with whiners, complainers, people who should have bought another bike, or owners with legitimate complaints making it difficult for potential owners to get a real view of what the bike is like. If you look at my gallery you'll see I've owned many different brands and types of bikes and my FZ-07 will go down as one of, if not the best bike........Yamaha got this one right.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm right at my 600 miles, not as drivey as the rest of ya, and I have not had any bike related issues. If something has happened its b/c I wasnt doing what I should be.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a little over 7000 since July, with a 2600 mile trip in the middle there. Zero issues, still a good bit of life left in the Bridgestones, chain and sprockets look good(maintenance every 600 miles), brakes still good.

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

Just about 700 and the only problem is the front wheel won't seem to stay on the ground  :D so i guess thats not really a problem then. I would recommend this bike to any new rider as well as intermediate and advanced riders. It is almost like a Honda Hawk but 1 more gear and fuel injection. One of the best things I have purchased in my life, besides the Hawk of course. 2 thumbs up. 

Follow me on Instagram. http://instagram.com/trebec

• 3 weeks later...

Not a damned thing wrong! In fact, this is my 7 motorcycle that I have owned in my 54 years.
I tend to be picky and this Yami seems to have hit most of the boxes on my check list.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Got about 1300 mi on her. Rider her hard and put her away wet every time. No problems that can't be determined as owner error. Dropped the bike in garage and bent handle bars (real soft alloy). Yamaha told me they did this so the handle bars can absorb more of the shock when dropping the bike.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

2000 miles on mine, no problems. I fact it runs better then it ever did. Even sounds better.  
I wouldn't call my stalling a 'problem' because I didn't really do anything to solve it. Anything else I did on the bike is regular maintenance and making it look prettier.
I can second the sounding better part. At low RPM it has a really satisfying rumble :thumbup:

A bit over 4 000 miles. No issues since i got it (end of june). Always amazed by the engine performance versus the fuel consumption. Way better than my previous SV650S and FZ6 (not the FZ6R). The lack of windscreen isn't a problem for me even for 4 hours on highway. But with the cold temperature here in Canada, at 3°C (37°F) a naked bike doesn't give the comfort of a semi-faired bike with handguards.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Tu es toujour le bienvenue dans le sud. (You are always welcome in the south).
Thanks. Weather is calling for a bit of snow for next saturday. The end of my riding season is near. 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 2 weeks later...

Your riding season is coming to and end, now that is a Problem!
Sorry had to throw that one in, being from south Florida, now is the best time for riding down here

• 3 weeks later...
Glad to see all the replies! Usually these forums are rampant with whiners, complainers, people who should have bought another bike, or owners with legitimate complaints making it difficult for potential owners to get a real view of what the bike is like. If you look at my gallery you'll see I've owned many different brands and types of bikes and my FZ-07 will go down as one of, if not the best bike........Yamaha got this one right.
Fully agree. I have had bikes for 42 years and currently have six. The FZ-07 ranks as one of the BEST!. Great little bike with bang for the buck. It is no "beginners' bike either.

Your riding season is coming to and end, now that is a Problem! Sorry had to throw that one in, being from south Florida, now is the best time for riding down here
You're right. I stored my bike november 5th. The problem began. It will end somewhere between end of March - beginning of April. It's been a couple of years that me and a riding partner talk about going south in winter time to go riding.  
Have a good winter riding season for all of you, lucky ones.  ;)

Thanks for the well wishes down here in the south east corner of the U.S.  
For us definitely the best time to get out and ride!
at least you guys up north can snowmobile and ski!

It's been a couple of years that me and a riding partner talk about going south in winter time to go riding.
You can always make a pit stop down here on your way south ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up five days ago. Ninety-six miles. No problems! Was that a little too quick?

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

• Premium Member

1.8 miles on mine and it's flawless. Just picked it up two hours ago and trailer'd it home. Too Soon??? ;)

Archived