The MT-07 Forum

Have full access to CNC shop, what do u want made fz07?

Cruizin

Rearset brackets that don't require removal of the swing arm pivot bolt. Willing to pay $75-$100 similar to the Yoshimura brackets.

Something that allows the foot pegs to be adjusted forward or back a couple inches. $30-$50??? I'm envisioning a plate that gets bolted to where the peg was bolted with a groove cut out for sliding the actual peg forward or back and securing the peg to the plate. Would that work? I haven't taken a close look at the set-up to know for sure.

Beemer

Yeah same. Not sure I'd need it now since I finally got rear sets. But right now the only option is AP Moto arts plates that require removing the swing arm, or shelling out $$$ for rear sets. 50 to 100 would be a good price range I think ! The AP ones are 100

• Global Moderator

Id like to see a windscreen option that works with the gilles speedo relocation, $120 price range

Would also like to see a set of reaarset adapter plates $50-60 price range

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Id like to see a windscreen option that works with the gilles speedo relocation, $120 price range 
Would also like to see a set of reaarset adapter plates $50-60 price range

Kind of in line with that I would like a bracket to relocate the headlight to a more aesthetically pleasing position. With the Gilles relocation bracket the front looks very flat because of the speedo's position directly over the headlight.

How about a set of engine case savers similar to Yoshimuras except for the price? Etch fz07.org in the middle if you want.

What kind of material are you using, aluminum, steel, stainless so on so forth.
A rear tire hugger and chain gaurd. One that goes under the the rear shock so it doesn't get exposed to the dirt and other crap the back tire throws up.

+1 for engine case savers. If possinle protect the water hoses as well in the design. I made my own carbon innegta ones , so I don't need them, but they are needed. there are a few on the market, but mpst don't protect the hoses.

Also a bracket that BOTH moved the light assembly forward about 35-40mm ( for LED bulb clearence) AND mounts the instruments up and forward at the new correct angle.
Possibly a mount for the rear brake caliper to mount it underneath? That would need a need a new brake line as well I think, unless it ends up forward just under the swingarm

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I've looked at the tRex covers and they would probably work just fine but I'd like something perhaps a bit thinner looking, I guess it wouldn't hurt to also mill a slot in the cover at the point where it would contact the ground and imbed a pc. of titanium for a slider, I just like titanium. The point gregjet made about the water pump/hoses side of engine is valid also, wasn't sure about the yosh saver on that side and the trex one looked massive but again probably very effective and would probably clean up well on the belt sander after a slide.

I'm not sure about a mount to put the rear caliper underneath, it stays a lot cleaner up on top so what would be the advantage gregjet?

I'm not to keen on the throttle wheel or clutch cable cover, I like to see what's there, one of the reasons Hords air box was a visual plus for me, now a small CF cover that just fit over and around the throttle cable wheel might be appealing but you'd have to devise a nice rigid way to mount it to be safe but that's not for a cnc project and all just my own opinions.

oops...got to go, my chucking reamer just came, get to go out and finish up a couple different dimensioned alloy rear shock bell cranks, sort of an experiment on getting that geometry and rear suspension the way I want...maybe. 

"I'm not sure about a mount to put the rear caliper underneath, it stays a lot cleaner up on top so what would be the advantage gregjet?"
Lower CoG. And if mounted against the bottom of the swingarm can also be a bit smaller than the stock one so less weight. Sorry the ex-racer in me maybe. Also closer to the swingarm pivot means lower moment of inertia effect on the unsprung weight.

Make mirror blanking plugs that are half the cost of the ducati ones. For those who are insistent on using metal mirror blanking plugs instead of plastic caps.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

"I'm not sure about a mount to put the rear caliper underneath, it stays a lot cleaner up on top so what would be the advantage gregjet?" Lower CoG. And if mounted against the bottom of the swingarm can also be a bit smaller than the stock one so less weight. Sorry the ex-racer in me maybe. Also closer to the swingarm pivot means lower moment of inertia effect on the unsprung weight.
I'm missing something on why putting the caliper underneath would allow you to use a smaller one. I would think maybe underneath with a forward running torque stay so you could make it a free floater would be advantageous, though I've never had one so don't know really. Your other points make sense, especially from a racers view point...thanks for response. 

• Global Moderator
+1 for engine case savers. If possinle protect the water hoses as well in the design. I made my own carbon innegta ones , so I don't need them, but they are needed. there are a few on the market, but mpst don't protect the hoses. 
Also a bracket that BOTH moved the light assembly forward about 35-40mm ( for LED bulb clearence) AND mounts the instruments up and forward at the new correct angle.
Possibly a mount for the rear brake caliper to mount it underneath? That would need a need a new brake line as well I think, unless it ends up forward just under the swingarm

The caliper relocation would be nice if there were a way to mount it directly to the swingarm, vs the plate ut us currently mounted to... makes it a pain in the ass to reinstall the rear wheel while trying to realign that plate

• Premium Member
The caliper relocation would be nice if there were a way to mount it directly to the swingarm, vs the plate ut us currently mounted to... makes it a pain in the ass to reinstall the rear wheel while trying to realign that plate
The caliper needs to move with the adjustment of the chain tension, so it can not be mounted directly to the swing arm.  Otherwise, it would be misaligned with the rotor depending on the tension adjustment.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator
The caliper needs to move with the adjustment of the chain tension, so it can not be mounted directly to the swing arm.  Otherwise, it would be misaligned with the rotor depending on the tension adjustment.

You could have it on lead screw type adjustment system as well...

• Premium Member
Not sure what that is, but I'm new to motorcycle suspension design, so I'm learning as I move from race cars to motorbikes.  :)

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Global Moderator
Not sure what that is, but I'm new to motorcycle suspension design, so I'm learning as I move from race cars to motorbikes.   

adjustment screw... similar to our Chain adjusters

Most of my race bikes I moved the caliper below for the stated reasons PLUS it cools better ( cleaner airflow) except where the rules specified stock caliper mount. Not as important on a road bike. The mount still moved with the axle as usual just mounted below.
It does change the reaction force on the swingarm which for some caliper mount/suspension designs could be a problem. I haven't modeled it on the 07.
I'll try this link. This is a stock bike mounting. Ducati and Suzuki also did it.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/cagiva/raptor-650/2003/

How about those silver doohickeys the rear axle goes thru that spread the bolt/nut load across the swing arm and have the little ears for chain alignment marks, make it without the big collar so race guys can easily safety the axle nut and make it more machine worthy versus Tonka toyish looking.

• Global Moderator
Most of my race bikes I moved the caliper below for the stated reasons PLUS it cools better ( cleaner airflow) except where the rules specified stock caliper mount. Not as important on a road bike. The mount still moved with the axle as usual just mounted below. It does change the reaction force on the swingarm which for some caliper mount/suspension designs could be a problem. I haven't modeled it on the 07.
I'll try this link. This is a stock bike mounting. Ducati and Suzuki also did it.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/cagiva/raptor-650/2003/

is that whY some bikes have the rear mono offset from centerline?  to account for brake torqe?

Archived