The MT-07 Forum

Coolant reservoir

br4nd0n

This is probably a really stupid question to be asking, but I tend to break things if I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing. My question is, how does one properly remove the cap on the coolant reservoir? To me it looks like there is another piece connected to the cap that I don't want to break if I yank the cap off. If someone could help me out by showing me with some pictures, video, or something, I would be really grateful.

This is probably a really stupid question to be asking, but I tend to break things if I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing. My question is, how does one properly remove the cap on the coolant reservoir? To me it looks like there is another piece connected to the cap that I don't want to break if I yank the cap off. If someone could help me out by showing me with some pictures, video, or something, I would be really grateful.
If you're talking about the over flow, that's a plastic snap fit like tupperware, just pops off. If you're talking about the radiator cap, there is a small Allen head set screw to loosen first (safety lock) then press down and twist off just like your car. ☺

I was referring to the overflow and was worried because there seemed to be some extra tubing attached to it.
Pop er off, all that paraphernalia stays attached to the cap (unless you want to pull the tubing and whatnot appart).

Archived