The MT-07 Forum

First time sitting on an FZ-07!

moonlit

This is a contenuation of my first post: http://fz07.org/thread/7313/fz07-first-bike,

So today, I went to Mountain Motorsports, in Kennesaw, GA and started looking at the bikes in person, getting a feel for them etc..

They had 1, Grey and yellow, and honestly before I saw this bike in real life, I didn't like the colors of it. But seeing it in person gave me a whole new opinion, hell, I might even buy it.
When I first walked in, I was greeted, and walked around a bit, then someone walked up to me while I was looking at the FZ-09 they had for about the same price (It was used), I was just comparing the two, size, etc, because I was curious. Anyway, long story short, we talked for a bit, and he let me play around with the bike some, sat on it, looked at the gauge cluster, etc,
I sat on about 10 bikes while I was there, and I have to say honestly, completely un bias, the 07 was far more comfy than any of the others I tried out. It felt snug, but in a good way, like I was secure. I sat on the 09, and 10, as well just to see if they were the same, and I was shocked when they were almost completely different feeling. The 10 felt nice, but the 09 kind of dug into my right calf. I sat on the bike for about 15-20 minutes, and it was great. Keep in mind, I'm a big guy, so i WAS worried about how it would feel with me sitting on it. But It was great.

They also informed me that with the purchase of the bike, I would be able to take the MSF course at no extra fee's. Which is nice lol.

So I'll probably be getting that bike, the yellow and gray one, hopefully by the end of the month (if they still have it :P) and taking my MSF course after purchase of the bike.

I'm gonna be taking my learners test within the next day or two, so hopefully that goes well.

Thanks for the read :D

I got the Armor gray and love it! Best of luck in your search and hopefully they'll hold the bike for you until the end of the month. The MSF course is a huge bonus and shows that they care about their customers (IMO). I just took the MSF this weekend and had a blast.

• Global Moderator

Damn highlighters.... red is where its at
gratz on the hook though
Soon youll be zipping around like the rest of us. Pass that msf course, and make sure you get the deal in writing

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Will they deliver the bike to your house for free before they give you your free msf voucher? :P

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

+1 for MSF. This is my first ride too and I absolutely love it. Welcome to the club! Great bike, great forum. Stay safe out there.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Played around on my bro's GSXR when I was younger and was raised on motocross but the FZ07 is my first street ride and I gotta say I couldn't be more happy with the decision. I've only got about 350 miles on it but it is just all around a fantastic and fun bike. Considered the FZ09, SV650, Monster 821, Street Triple, etc... but glad I went with the FZ07. Also much more comfortable with Japanese bikes having grown up working on Yam's, Honda's, Suzuki's.

If you do get it do yourself a favor and get a cheap set of adjustable shorty levers immediately - you will not regret it.

I've already got the bug - have CRG Arrow's coming in this week and put on a fender elim last weekend :)

Keep us updated!

• Premium Member
Damn highlighters.... red is where its at
^what he said. :P 
The MSF is definitely worth it. Best of luck with all of that!

Same color/bike here. Historically, I rode gsxr and cbr's, but after I had back surgery the aggressive posture didn't fit anymore. I tried the 07 and fell in love. The torque plus the geometry had me at go.

• Premium Member

ALL GOOD for you, moonlit, of course... and, the dealer "let you sit... (on their bikes)." WOW, that's really BIG of 'em. Maybe in a pinch they will even let you give them your money! Goes to show that bike dealers are still d**ks, or at least some of them. (I'm sorry; I shoulda stopped with the congrats, but I've dealt with SO many doofus bike dealers over the decades.)

Okay, my disdain for dealers, one anecdote then I'll let it go... promise.  So, my wife and I were looking at bikes.  I, even then, was clearly an adult and we stopped in at a number of dealerships, just looking mostly.  Driving some distance to do so.  On occasion, if a bike of interest were positioned appropriately (meaning not wedged tightly against other bikes lined in a row) I'd throw a leg over and lift it up... in my mind going 'Vrooom, Vrooom!'  This usually quickly brought someone over, even in places where we'd wandered about totally ignored. 

Then, we got to one place where I did as described.  Over came a guy about half my height and four times my width who couldn't lift a leg high enough to get it over a step-thru scooter and asked if I intended, "...to buy THAT bike now."  I replied I wouldn't know without looking, sitting, etc. on any number of them.  He politely suggested that I might remove myself from it, then.  I was shocked.  As a kid I worked in new car dealership and could not in my wildest dreams imagine any of them or their salesmen (all men at that time) saying such a thing to a customer--and yeah, yeah, I know one can drop a bike easier than a car and I'm a pretty scrawny guy, but still...

This was the last straw after an afternoon of all too often less than pleasant dealer encounters so I called my wife over and asked her to take out her checkbook.  I don't deal with money, never have, she does quite well at it, thanks.  I asked her to show Dip-Stick our balance in that account.  There is no doubt in my mind that it was some multiple of this guy's ANNUAL income.  I told him that I was looking for three new bikes, for me, my wife, and our son, but unfortunately it would seem I would have to do so elsewhere which was certainly fine with me.  I handed the checkbook back to my wife and we left.  Okay, I lied, later in the day I bought one bike 100 miles away and 70 miles closer to home.

Archived