The MT-07 Forum

New FZ07 rider in Tennessee

flooger

Hi all.

I'm a proud owner of a new to me 2016 FZ07 in silver/blurple.

The previous owner put less than 1500 miles on her, but I was able to talk him into selling it.

Mods currently on it include an M4 exhaust, shorty levers, tail eliminator, and LED blinkers. I pulled my ECU out today and will be sending it off to 2WDW since the PO never flashed it.

I'm a fairly new rider, years back I rode a Rebel 250 around but lost interest when I had a child. Last year I bought a ninja 250 and spent the summer/fall on it but when I saw the FZ I knew I had to have one.

I spent a LOT of time browsing this forum and reading about this bike, and now I am so glad I did. I smile every time I twist the throttle on this thing!

Welcome and congrats! How about some pics of the bike and those beautiful hills of Tennessee.

Pics will follow when I get her plastic back on when my ECU gets back Friday or Saturday.

Unfortunately there's no hills in my part of Tennessee - I'm in the Northwest corner so it's all flat farmland. However, I'd love to take a ride out to Reelfoot Lake and show you guys some unique geography. The lake is full of cypress trees that were there when a huge earthquake formed the lake in the early 1800's. The lake is really popular with boaters and fishermen from all over, and is really cool to see the huge trees coming out of the middle of the lake.

Welcome and congrats! How about some pics of the bike and those beautiful hills of Tennessee.
Pics will follow when I get her plastic back on when my ECU gets back Friday or Saturday. 

Unfortunately there's no hills in my part of Tennessee - I'm in the Northwest corner so it's all flat farmland. However, I'd love to take a ride out to Reelfoot Lake and show you guys some unique geography. The lake is full of cypress trees that were there when a huge earthquake formed the lake in the early 1800's. The lake is really popular with boaters and fishermen from all over, and is really cool to see the huge trees coming out of the middle of the lake.
That would be cool! If it gets shaky, haul ass!  ;) 

Beemer

• 2 months later...

Today was an awesome day for riding in my area and I finally rode out to Reelfoot Lake to enjoy the scenery. The weather started to turn FAST on my way home and I was scared for the first time riding. It started raining a little bit and unpredictable gusts of hard wind would hit me and make it difficult to stay going straight - it felt like it was going to blow me into the other lane or off the road! 

I've managed to log 1200 miles since I got my bike in mid February - and I am still absolutely in love with this damn bike!

Mods I've done since Feb: 2WDW flash, Givi windscreen, TST tail light, Womet Tech front and rear sliders, Vagabond Frame sliders, Rinomoto bar ends, CRG Arrow mirrors, tacky looking "07" reservoir cover, and an Ogio tail bag. 

20170527_165921.jpg

20170527_164105.jpg

20170527_164702.jpg

20170527_164150.jpg

20170527_163244.jpg

20170527_164727.jpg

20170527_164816.jpg

• Premium Member

Looks like a nice place to be. :)

Welcome to the community.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.