The MT-07 Forum

3 Weeks into ownership, and I'm kinda thinking of selling

z324u

I originally bought the bike, because I thought it would be enough for my first street bike.  Honestly after racing in the dirt for a long time, I'm already bored with it and want more.  Am I nuts?  I'm thinking about putting it for sale if this doesn't wear off, and getting a super sport.  I rode a BMW S1000RR this past weekend, and it's ruined me I believe!

haha Savage! I'll let you know. I have a FT Tuner on it now as well as DNA lid/filter! It's a good running bike for sure, but just doesn't do it for me like I thought it would :/

I originally bought the bike, because I thought it would be enough for my first street bike.  Honestly after racing in the dirt for a long time, I'm already bored with it and want more.  Am I nuts?  I'm thinking about putting it for sale if this doesn't wear off, and getting a super sport.  I rode a BMW S1000RR this past weekend, and it's ruined me I believe!
Not much can compare to supersports. You gotta do what you gotta do. 

Haha, Couldnt help myself..

Normally I would advocate keeping it for awhile and gain the experience before jumping to a liter bike, but honestly people are gonna do what they wanna do no matter how much "good" advice given.

The FZ is no slouch, but 1000cc of inline 4 is a different beast.

In the end it comes down to what ticks the right boxes for you. If you live in a place that allows you to take advantage of the S1000RR's attributes, then the FZ probably isn't going to do it for you. I would wait a week or two and see if anything changes, unless you're presented with a ":steal of a deal" on a S1000RR.

Listen to your gut and sell it. I'm sure there are plenty of buyers willing to take it off your hands and appreciate it more than you do =)

You do you and I'll do me.

Guest 2wheeler

In a different thread, Zephyr said "We have seen them turned into cross continental touring machines, wicked scramblers, racing machines, we even have a turbo build happening! The list could go on."

The FZ-07 will never give you the raw thrill of a 150hp+ bike - just can't do it. What it will give you is a torquey, fun bike that can be whatever you want it to be without keeping you a millimeter/second away from jail or death at all times. It does this with more than enough power to give most folks that rush they need to forget about life for awhile.

If you are a blaster, go for the raw pony power. If you are the type of person who enjoys getting on a bike, and just riding for the sake of riding, you could do a heck of a lot worse than the FZ-07. It's  quick, light, handles well, and is flat out fun to ride!

My $0.02 worth of preaching :D

Im sure you've heard it all before- if not we can lecture ya! (puke)  JK. Haha

At the end of the day you gotta follow your heart, gut, and wallet..

We used to have around a @chicagoaj who for reasons(his fz had durability/reliability issues) switched to a Suzuki gsx-s1000. Not that he didnt like the fz but didnt want to deal with his issues repeatedly so he switched. He couldn't have spoken more highly of it. 

• Premium Member

Took me almost 2yrs to finally convince myself to keep the little FZ-07, that little -07 is my Urban Traffic Assault Vehicle like the A-10 Warthog airplane while my FJ-09 is what I call the FJ-35 ? because it chases down them silly Squid Rockets on the freeways but it can dabble in the Urban environment but it prefers the back roads and highways... I feel my FZ-07 has a bigger power punch off the line but fades quick at about 1000 ft out while the FJ-09 power punch is a tad smoother, it picks up steam where the FZ-07 power fades at 1000ft out... I cannot get another Crotch Rocket due to its weight, ultra slow handling speeds till you hit 120mph it seems, uncomfortable seating position and the prices are a rip off for all the technology I would hardly ever use...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

We used to have around a @chicagoaj who for reasons(his fz had durability/reliability issues) switched to a Suzuki gsx-s1000. Not that he didnt like the fz but didnt want to deal with his issues repeatedly so he switched. He couldn't have spoken more highly of it. 
hope its not the FZ i just picked up...lol

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

hope its not the FZ i just picked up...lol
Just so long as you aren't in the chicago area, and its not a silver/blurple FZ with akra carbon pipes, you are safe!  *looks at your posting history*.... what...noooooo!

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

I know...Im looking at his old gallery but there some things that are on his bike that arent on mine...im trying to track down more info!

Well...It just so happens to be the same bike...not to thread jack but do you know what kinda issues he was having?

Well...It just so happens to be the same bike...not to thread jack but do you know what kinda issues he was having?
How do you know for sure its the same bike? 
Edit: you should just talk to him directly.  He's a mod over at the gsxs1000 forums.  Same name. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I did actually find him and just waiting on a pm back from him. Hopefully I hear back sooner rather than later.

Wow,.. that's a bomb.. damn. He came off as a real good dude, I'm positive he can and will give you it's full history.

those two bikes are worlds apart, what made you buy the fz in the first place?

Honestly I listened to everyone's recommendations on hundreds of posts and YouTube videos. I have a tendency to research things to death. I will say this bike is excellent, and whatever I do I'd be happy to keep it. I'm probably just having a bit of buyers remorse for lack of experience with different street bikes. The only other street bikes I've ridden are a 1290 super duke and the BMW S1000RR..... kind of a tough crowd from what I gather. Like somebody else said you can definitely do ALOT worse for 7k.

In the end though I just see myself on a supersport. Especially the S1000, as it's riding position didn't seem as hunched down as a normal Japanese SS? I'm not sure when it will happen, but I'm gonna give the FZ7 a bit longer to attach to my liking...... maybe even pick up a super sport project bike?

I will say I feel like a bit like a gorilla riding a tricycle sometimes on this bike.... I'm only 6'1", but I guess it's because I'm used to really high suspensions on Dirtbike's? For whatever reason I didn't get that feeling on the BMW.

If I had to break it down pros vs cons

Pros:
Low end torque
Fit / Finish
Comfortable around town
Engine sound (so good)

Cons:
Top end power (or lack thereof)
Suspension - had to get springs and preload caps for front - much better now but still not what I thought it'd be
Fuel tank size
Wind at anything above 55

Keep in mind the insurance difference of the type of bike you are talking about too. The situation can quickly switch from an inexpensive, reliable, yet still fun toy to a really fun bike that is tough to afford. It does no good to have a really fun toy, if you can't comfortably afford to enjoy it.

I know how you feel. I love the 07 but I recently bought a 750 gsxr. I can't stay away from supersports.
I will sell my 07 but will still ride the wife's. Best of both worlds.

I got a killer deal on last year's gixxer. Huge discount and 5 year warranty included. Insurance is the same cost as the 07 where I live.

I've been think about my next bike and as much as I want an R1 I keep thinking how easy this bike is to ride, maintain, and on the wallet. No plastics to deal with, tires wear evenly and last 20k+ miles, gas mileage is awesome, long intervals between valve adjustments, insurance is cheap, stops on a dime, it's the perfect lane splitter, on and on... If I can have only one it would be the fz. But that's just me.

Other bikes to look at:
-FZ1 & FZ-10
-Ninja 1000 & Z1000
-S1000R (not RR)
-Speed Triple

All will have supersport performance but without the cramped riding position.

Archived