The MT-07 Forum

Montana rider

cyandi

Hey everyone,
The name is Cy-
With the changing weather here in Montana, I went out and bought the only FZ07 I could find in town. Brand new, still in the crate- didn't have a single mile on it. I'm enjoying breaking it in, I've never bought a bike brand new before. Any tips on that is very welcome! Still cold and snowing here though, but I was stoked to ride even when it was barely 40 degrees out. 

If anyone is from Montana or nearby states let me know! There aren't a ton of bike owners here and I'd love to meet up and make some friends.
IMG_0917.jpg

hugson2wheels

Welcome to the forums. ?

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

Welcome and congrats! It wouldn't hurt to do your 1st oil change at 300 miles, rather than 600. I would change over to full synthetic at my 2nd oil change after everything has seated.

Beemer

Welcome and congrats! It wouldn't hurt to do your 1st oil change at 300 miles, rather than 600. I would change over to full synthetic at my 2nd oil change after everything has seated.

That's kind of the plan. I have around 120 miles right now and will probably change it sooner than 300, to be honest. Seems like some people are really serious about breaking in their bikes- oil changes at 100, 200, 500, or some variation, up to 1000 miles. So you're saying go full synthetic on the second oil change?

That's kind of the plan. I have around 120 miles right now and will probably change it sooner than 300, to be honest. Seems like some people are really serious about breaking in their bikes- oil changes at 100, 200, 500, or some variation, up to 1000 miles. So you're saying go full synthetic on the second oil change?
It's a personal choice, you don't have to. I did it only because of what I know about full synthetics and I like longer intervals of changing the oil for the main reason. If you change your oil on time with regular oil your machine will be just fine. 

Beemer

Archived