The MT-07 Forum

Just a Thought...

w1ngzer0

If I sold my 2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821, would someone buy it for $8,500?
Mods
-SC Project Carbon Hogh Mount
-RexXer Tune
-Motovation Sliders
(Front, Body, Rear)
-Ducati Performance Carbon Windscreen
-New Michelin Pilot Road 4
- Pazzo Titanium Levers
-CRG LS Bar End Mirror 
-Acerbis Rally Pro SM Handguards
- Supermoto Engineering Bar End Sliders
-SW-Motech Skid Plate
-Tech Spec Snake Skin Tank Grips
-Motodynamics Fender Eliminator
*+ all stock parts

IMG_6625.jpg

Nothing wrong with it. All software updates have been done at Redline. Big Scheduled maintenance is not until 18,500 miles. Bike has 4487 miles on it right now. Only owner. Bought it brand new, 0 miles and never even touched the showroom floor. Bike is quick as anything. Topped out at 147mph (once) and just getting a feeler.

Oh man, what are you eyeing now?

Me, personally, I've been looking at Zero motorcycles. Thinking of adding a electric dual sport to me stable.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

I'm familiar with this Duc. It's super clean, fresh and well maintained. If I had the money or a buyer for my own bike I'd be all over this.

Everything went braap.

A possible second child...
I know the feeling, just wait til the third child!  Kids are worth more than bikes anyhow! 
Oh and I would love the Duck but I am looking at a BMW R1200RT right now.  Your Duck looks very nice though.  Tasteful mods.

Dan

Thank you for that. The Duc is my other child. It was just a thought. Definitely keeping it. I was able to shuffle the finances around. I will be the first and last owner. I bleed Ducati Red and of course, Yamaha Blue only.

• 1 month later...

The thought came back. Rode the bike on Sunday...looked down at the speedometer...130ish. I do not wanna lose my license. I owe $8,529.04 on it. Do you guys think this will sell? Rate at 120ish at the wheel and a little over 400lbs.

• Premium Member
The thought came back. Rode the bike on Sunday...looked down at the speedometer...130ish. I do not wanna lose my license. I owe $8,529.04 on it. Do you guys think this will sell? Rate at 120ish at the wheel and a little over 400lbs.

130, amigo? Damn.

It'll sell. Very clean, maintained as well as possible (at least I know this) and the mods are all beneficial, no farkles. Heck, I want it - but I can't. ?

Everything went braap.

Archived