The MT-07 Forum

Ejk experiments

crsnhppr

After getting my EJK I removed my entire snorkel, snorkel plate,
And filter to see if the ejk could handle than much extra air. It can. I can't remember my exact settings but after some trial and error I got smooth operation and engine sounded fine. I have no clue what the gains were but it did pull harder... noticeably harder. What I'm getting at is that i believe it possible to operate hordpowers airbox with EJK 3.5.

Experiment #2.

After all that jazz I thought , lets filter it somehow. So I went and bought one of those MX style foam
Filters. It has 2 layers of different density foam. I cut a rectangular section of the foam off (enough to cover the hole in the stock airbox) and used the stock snorkel plate & screws and some other things to fasten the snorkel plate over the airfilter. So it's basically a hole with a 2 layers of foam filter. This setup required additional tweaking of the EJK but I managed to get it running Smooth. It pulled harder and ran a bit faster similar to how the no filter setup ran but with slightly leaner settings. Each of these messings with had my o2 sensor disconnected.

W/o a filter for some reason engine vibrated more? Could have been just airflow burble and shaking the stock airbox. W/ the foam filter thingy it ran a little smoother.

Just some observations

• Premium Member

Did it feel different or simply sound different (vibration); sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between them if not much difference.

Both. Something about the airflow being all chaotic without any filter could have been the cause of the vibrations. Nothing major mind you.

Archived