The MT-07 Forum

Is anyone using Yamaha Soft Side Bags with Fender Eliminator

cmiller94

So, as can be seen in this picture, my bike has a fender eliminator. I'd really like to get the Yamaha Soft Side Bags (the ones in this link http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=15&categoryId=64&itemId=3506&unitId=4477&unitName=2015%2BFZ-07&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2015&items_per_page=all&page=1) but am worried that with the fender eliminator they won't fit because they'll hit the signal lights. Is anyone using Yamaha side nags with a fender eliminator? If not, is anyone using Side Bags with a fender eliminator? Any advice would be great. Thank-you! :)

IMG_0497.jpg

I have the SW Motech bags on mine - should be the same. Hmm, with the new location it's kinda hard to tell. In the OE position, the bags actually just kiss the outside edges of the turn signals. If the signals are outside the plane of the seat, then I'm gonna guess they might hit. But the frame does help hold the bags out a bit - the big velcro strap that goes across the seat, well, that might be a problem

Think i have a pict from behind - it might help you decide- I'll look tonight.

Thanks for the help, Rick! :) I did some more looking at some other forms. General consensus seems to be that side bags don't work well with a fender eliminator. I think I'm going to look at getting a tail bag and a tank bag. It looks like Kriega makes a decent tail bag that can also be used as a tank bag, but I think I'm going to check other options for the tank bag.

I'm using both a very small tankbag and a great big seat bag. My bigger tankbag won't come close to fitting this bike.

The other "soft" bag I was considering was the Hepco Becker C Bow. Dunno if this will fit either

I do have a pict from behind with my bags mounted. It's a bit dark where yer interested ( no comments please), but I'll post later anyway.

I'm using both a very small tankbag and a great big seat bag. My bigger tankbag won't come close to fitting this bike.  
The other "soft" bag I was considering was the Hepco Becker C Bow. Dunno if this will fit either

I do have a pict from behind with my bags mounted. It's a bit dark where yer interested ( no comments please), but I'll post later anyway.

Our very own @motomachines is the USA importer for Hepco Becker luggage. Everything in the US goes thru them one way or the other. Maybe give them a call? Phone: 703 372 7241

like I said, it's kinda dark right where you want to see. In my minds eye, it looks like it would fit, but would be a close fit. You could lay something stiff across the seat, under the velcro straps and that would spread the tops of the bags out a bit. The middle portion of the bag slides onto that long post so they really don't flop about at all.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/rashapir/IMG_1403%20copy_zpslefb9jed.jpg

Spent some more time looking last night and found someone who has a fender eliminator and is using side bags. I think if I had aftermarket signal lights that were a bit smaller, it'd work, but with the stocks ones, it isn't going to work. The Kriega US 30 seems to get really good reviews so I'm thinking that is what I'll get. Even if I get it and decide I want to try the side bags later on, I can still use them with the Kriega. So it's not like the Kriega will be a waste. I'm not completely sure that 30L will be enough space if I plan on doing trips, but if it isn't, I'll look at a tank bag or review the option of getting side bags at that point.

My other option is to put the stock tail back on, but I'd actually have to buy a stock tail as mine came like this. And, I really like how the tail tidy looks.

• 2 weeks later...

I would look at the Shrike bags. May well be just the solution and they are quick to answer questions. Good luck.

I have a brand new set of SW Motech Blaze Soft Saddlebags (identical to Yamaha soft saddlebags) that I am going to put up for sale in the next week or so.

PM me for pictures information and price.

Archived