The MT-07 Forum

Fuel pump relay

iluvspdtt

I installed a flash tune unit and after I flashed the ecu the fuel pump stopped working. I checked all the fuses and all are good, jumpered the fuel pump with the tank off the bike and it's working. Next logical thing to check would be the fuel pump relay but I'm not sure which relay it is. Can anyone tell me which it is and also if there is a way to check it besides replacing it with a known good.

The bike cranks and everything else appears to be working. After the flash the headlight flickered on very quickly, not sure if that means anything.

• Premium Member

I dunno your location but make sure you are using the correct map, some are US or EU spec maps...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

ducttapewd40

I think the first thing you should do is contact the manufacturer of that flash tune unit and probably not mess with much other than checking the fuses which you already have. I'm guessing your problem is software related.

• Premium Member

5d-33 is cylinder 1 coil cap...is the connection fully seated, etc???

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Yeah, never unhooked it but I pulled the bike back apart and checked all my connections again and still no idea what is causing it. Cylinder #1 is definitely not firing. I can hold my hand on the header.

I tried flashing it multiple times with everything I could think of, including stock and nothing worked. Even tried putting the snorkel back in and that didn't work either.

Turned out to simply be a wire on the ecu plug that backed out slightly. The tech said this is not the first he's seen and since it's under warranty Yamaha may want to put an entire harness on.

Archived