The MT-07 Forum

New MT07 owner from Australia

yimmiy

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Jimmy and I've recently picked up my brand new 2017 MT07 HO, it's the unrestricted version in Australia.
I look forward to sharing mods with you guys in the near future.
IMG_20170307_112246_654_zpsocbp95tm.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome! Brilliant choice. ;) Is that bike blue? I'd love to see a nice side shot.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Where are you Yimmiy?
I am in Bundaberg with a de-LAMinated 07

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

Nice! First time I've seen that color. I like it a lot!

Why can't left turners see us?

It is a superb colour.
At least you have some decent riding around  you.

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Jimmy and I've recently picked up my brand new 2017 MT07 HO, it's the unrestricted version in Australia.
I look forward to sharing mods with you guys in the near future.
--image cut--

Hi, good choice Jimmy, just noticed from your picture: bike has ABS, you removed rear passenger pegs and your bike have got clear turn signals. Are those turn signals OEM or you have replaced them? Because my 2015 USA model has huge orange pumpkins instead of those on your picture.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Jimmy and I've recently picked up my brand new 2017 MT07 HO, it's the unrestricted version in Australia. I look forward to sharing mods with you guys in the near future.
--image cut--

Hi, good choice Jimmy, just noticed from your picture: bike has ABS, you removed rear passenger pegs and your bike have got clear turn signals. Are those turn signals OEM or you have replaced them? Because my 2015 USA model has huge orange pumpkins instead of those on your picture.
Unfortunately, North America (USA and Canada) gets the giant pumpkins because of our regulations. Europe, Australia, Asia, etc... get the clear ones you see here on yimmiy's bike. Our giant pumpkins are turn signals and DRL on the front and just turn signals in the rear. The clear ones yimmiy has are just turn signals front and rear.

Unfortunately, North America (USA and Canada) gets the giant pumpkins because of our regulations. Europe, Australia, Asia, etc... get the clear ones you see here on yimmiy's bike. Our giant pumpkins are turn signals and DRL on the front and just turn signals in the rear. The clear ones yimmiy has are just turn signals front and rear.
Wait a minute... I checked 2017 Triumph Street Triple 675 just last week in person, it has clear turn signals. I saw 2016 (or 2017?) Suzuki SV650, has clean signals too. It is weird USA regulations, if turn signal blinking with amber it should fit any regulations and doesn't matter which color when it off.

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself, my name's Jimmy and I've recently picked up my brand new 2017 MT07 HO, it's the unrestricted version in Australia. I look forward to sharing mods with you guys in the near future.
--image cut--

Hey mate, the dealer took the pegs off as I registered it as a single rider as it's cheaper, I've have since taken the whole peg brackets off as well.
2017 high output model in Australia now has ABS which is good, the restricted model always had it for some strange reason.
clear signals are standard on our models over here I'm pretty sure, I really like them, if they were orange I would have replaced them by now.

Hey mate, the dealer took the pegs off as I registered it as a single rider as it's cheaper, I've have since taken the whole peg brackets off as well. 2017 high output model in Australia now has ABS which is good, the restricted model always had it for some strange reason.
clear signals are standard on our models over here I'm pretty sure, I really like them, if they were orange I would have replaced them by now.
wow! nice country law... Can I trow away all passenger seats from my car to make it cheaper to register? Do your front turn signals work as DRL as well? or Australia doesn't have them?
I am looking for some good clear LED turn signals, but I want to make them as DRLs and to blink in inverse as turn signals. Still did not find any good looking pieces.

The single seat reg is cheaper mainly because the third party liability risk is hugely reduced. A motorcycle third party claims are mostly from the bike's passengers in accidents. Rarely other third party injury involved. So the insured risk is much lower. In a car you would have to take out all the seats other than the driver's AND not hit any other people. There would be a reduction in risk but it will still be substantial, so premiums would be close to the original. Persnal injury is WAAAAY bigger payout than most vehicle fix/replace.

Archived