The MT-07 Forum

CRG RC2 Levers adjustment knob

Redstang4

I picked up some of these levers from a retired(?) member(@beemer may have even shown him the plank-jk) for cheap.  I have since worn down the brake lever adjustment knob, it will only stay on the shortest setting or the largest setting.  I am wearing down the large setting now and will soon be left with just the smallest setting.  I have searched and not found anywhere.  Is the adjustment knob available for sale anywhere, just the knob itself?

I surely cant be the first to have done this..

Pics to follow, and don't call me Shirley..  :P

• Global Moderator

I would see if CRG has a rebuild kit. I know ASV does so I would be surprised if they did not.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I wonder if your CRG RC2 levers are counterfeit, because my CRG RC2 levers don't have those exposed notches that show in your pictures. I'll post what mine look like from the same viewpoint in your picture. 
[attachment id=2462" thumbnail="1]

• Global Moderator

Interesting. The photos on their website do not show the notches either. It could be an update they did to their newer levers and @Redstang4 has an older set. I hope...

Very interesting. So either mine are knock offs, or maybe the adjustment knob is on backwards? Should be really interesting to see what crg says, I attached the pics in my query to them. Thanks Easternkayaker

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Does your clutch lever look the same as your brake lever with the exposed notches? My clutch lever looks the same as my brake lever picture I posted in this thread. I purchased my CRG levers 2 years ago and no issues. Maybe it was a defect with that CRG lever and a piece for that area fell off exposing the notched adjuster. Let us know what you find out.

I picked up some of these levers from a retired(?) member(@beemer may have even shown him the plank-jk) for cheap.  I have since worn down the brake lever adjustment knob, it will only stay on the shortest setting or the largest setting.  I am wearing down the large setting now and will soon be left with just the smallest setting.  I have searched and not found anywhere.  Is the adjustment knob available for sale anywhere, just the knob itself? 
I surely cant be the first to have done this..

Pics to follow, and don't call me Shirley..  :P
Ha! I would show those levers the plank as well wearing out like that. That's not right! My cheaper levers have never had one problem so something is rotten in Denmark. GL! 

Beemer

Yes clutch lever is exposed the same way. I am thinking they are reversed, as your adjustment lever is also opposite mine.

CRG is sending me a replacement cam(as he called it) free of charge.  I offered to purchase, he said he would just have it shipped out.  He made no mention of the notches being exposed, maybe they are made to be used either direction?

I like companies that care for their customers  :D .  Makes me happy, makes others happy, makes for a good brand, and I get to spread good things about them instead of slamming them.

@easternkayaker I looked at our pics again, you are on the smallest setting.

If you open it all the way to the largest setting does it not expose the notches?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I just checked and you are correct the notches are exposed on largest setting, but no bare metal showing, still black with no sign of wear. Showing clutch lever in picture on largest setting, since I have brakes off wheel and did not want to touch brake lever.

[attachment id=2463" thumbnail="1]

Awesome, thanks.

Missing your forks too, guessing upgrade in progress

If you do accidentally pull in the brake lever it is no biggie. You will just have to push the brake cylinder back in a little bit.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Yes, Matt is upgrading my forks with Matris Cartridges. Thanks for the brake tip and glad to see CRG is standing behind their product and making it right for you.

@beemer  Denmark?? 
CRG is out of California 
That's funny, pretending not to know the phrase. ;) 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Sheesh, I cannot believe this. Thanks for alerting people! No excuse for it that I can see. Glad I went with a differently designed pair of levers.

4087b08c0c79091a9a89a9d0896af397.jpg

Received the replacement cam, installed it. And it started "eating" the notches right away.  Noticed that gap in the silver portion, which I hadn't seen before was meeting with the adjustment notches. Rotated the silver portion to where how you see it in the pic, All Better!

Archived