The MT-07 Forum

Flex seal or bed liner

ladddad

• Premium Member

Given the constant wear and tear of these areas Id recommend a powder coating to avoid screwing around with the constant inevitable touch-ups. I have mine powdered and its indestructible.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

No, but I have used spray-on bed-liner on the aluminum foot-guards I made for mine. It has proven adequately durable for this usage but I don't know about for anything else.

P1020618_2_c.jpg

• Premium Member

laddad, if your question was directed toward me, it is VHT, 650-degree, SP405 Black Pearl (Engine Metallic).

In order to not have just one thing this color on the bike, I also used it to paint the windscreen and the small, aluminum pieces I made for either side of the screen. I normally use Rust-o-leum brand spray-can products having tried about every thing on the market over the last half-century, but I have also had only good experiences with VHT products and I liked this color.

All the best!

• Premium Member

laddad, the screen started as the short PUIG, but the mounting bracket didn't fit correctly... an issue some have had with them, others not. So, I made my own mount starting with the OEM Yami that was already in place from my previous "factory" screen, all which allowed me to tip the new one back a little at the top to better suit me. I then made a pair of little side "shields" that are part of the new mounts. I painted it all with the VHT mentioned above. Since I ended up with a couple unused factory holes in the PUIG I simply used APS (Any Parts Store) plastic plugs in them.

4982bSm.jpg

Archived