The MT-07 Forum

Loose throttle

zadori

Hey all,
I just bought a second hand FZ-07 2015 with only 4000 km on it. I rode it back home yesterday, and I'm not sure if this is normal (I have 0 background in motorcycle mechanics). But the throttle grip is loose and is able to move from left to right by maybe 1/8th-1/16th of an inch. 
Is it normal? If not how could I fix this?

Thanks
-Zadori

See the yellow circular portion in the center of the photo? That's the cam the throttle cables ride on. It sits inside the throttle housing with some space around it for the reasons stated by @nmrider. Perfectly normal to have some play in between the cam and the walls of the housing.

https://533a0ac2eaa81bd38e31-76d87781264e9c3a714c78ef3f8976f9.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/rev2_throttle/rev2-throttle-diagram.jpg

Ditto with what the others have said but I didn't like the slop so when making mine into a quick throttle I widened the cam drum to allow for a little clearance but not much. The white plastic addition in the photo is my added on pc. that is slightly wider..it's just bonded on and made from a pc. of pvc coupling. Sorry for the poor pix quality but you get the idea.

IMG_20160606_172850086.jpg
IMG_20160606_172911367.jpg

Just reread my answer and saw that it could be confusing, the width of the white plastic pc. (larger diameter that you see in pix is what makes it a quick throttle), the thickness that I don't show is what would take up the side to side or end to end slop...it's only slightly thicker then the stock black drum, don't remember but it's one of those trim to fit things, I probably have .020" clearance or side to side play.

Archived