The MT-07 Forum

Hi from Miami, FL, USA

ogri

Hi everybody!

I own my FZ-07 almost two years. I bought it brand new from a stealership. It is my third bike. Two years is longest period I have not changed one bike to another. But anyway, sometimes I have new motorcycle "itch". I ride this bike almost 265 days per year. Yes, it is my day-to-day urban commuter. From time to time I ride on weekends here and there just for fun. Longest ride is about 300 miles per day. Last month I had two Yamaha demo-rides. I have tried YZF-R3 and FJ-09. R3 has impressed me how precise and easy it is coming into a corners like a "knife through the butter" but impressions have disappeared when road become straight. R3 doesn't have any juice after 40-45 mph, you can twist your wrist twice around throttle grip but nothing happens to make any emotions. Same day I took FJ-09, almost stalled engine at first roll-off, realized that triple doesn't have as meaty torque at low revs as my 07 has. The FJ-bike was in STD-mode and city riding was perfectly fine and smooth, but mind transformation from FZ-07 to FJ-09 it is like to drive 3.0L car with automatic gearbox after driving 2.0L one with manual shifting stick, you know that power is exist but it is somewhere far away from city usable RPMs. The fun has ended when I hit 50+ mph at straight stitch. The FJ's screen creates terrible air turbulence (or buffeting?), so I wished to have my earplugs in my ears instead of having them in my pocket. I have got good and bad experience from these test rides and I "fall in love" to my naked FZ-07 again.

No more stupid comparisons, let's look at pictures of my "second wife":

2017_03_22_PHOTO_00000007.jpg
Me and my 07

IMG_1841.jpg
General view

IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

Vagabond frame-sliders (The best I can found for FZ-07, product are not replacing any OEM bolts)

IMG_1830.jpg

Heaviest European disk-lock with alarm I can afford (together with lock carrier)

IMG_1832.jpg

IMHO, best looking fly-screen to move out air-rain from bottom of your torso (btw, I have Givi A2118 for sale, under my bed).

IMG_1833.jpg

Givi handguards (urban riding can finish too fast for you after hitting bush or car mirror with front brake lever)

IMG_1834.jpg

Just found convenient way to carry this ugly orange thing. When bike parked I am moving one end from lever to the brake bolt or through the disk-lock

IMG_1835.jpg

For overnight parking or for leaving bike at walmart's' parking lots I have second Artago disk-lock for rear disk.
When both wheels are locked you can barely move motorcycle forward and backward to 1 inch.

IMG_1836.jpg

Sometimes, I have to carry some boxes, bags, backpacks. These red strings from home-depot are very handy if you have to carry something bigger than lunch and it is not fit or heavy for the sidebag.

IMG_1837.jpg

My tank "mascot", just joking, but who knows (I have two trackers installed, fake and real)

taillight.jpg
The rear red square reflector replaced by LED-reflector and has been connected to the brake lights. It is bright, but my camera can't show this.

IMG_1839.jpg
Stand's "shoe"

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg
Under the seat, there is Fix-It sticks, a multitool, Ikea adjustable nut key, some plastic ties

PS: I am learning english, so, please correct me or forgive :-)

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forum!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome and congrats! It's probably best to say turbulence, rather than the "B" word around here, ha! ;)  (inside joke)

Beemer

Welcome what saddle bags are those, me liki
Givi Easy Lock System. It is semi-hard and semi-soft saddlebags. I have this bags more then one year now, I have no garage or any kind of roof and those bags never come off of my motorcycle and they are still keeping black color and factory shape. Previous soft-luggage bags have lost their color and starts to rips here and there (because of everyday UV + rains). Soft luggage lasts 5-6 months of everyday usage, but costs 3/4 of price of this Givi's, so I decided not to spent money on soft luggage anymore.

• Premium Member

@Ogri Nice mods!

My question is where'd you source the alarm sticker? :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Thanks ogri! The link is much appreciated.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived