The MT-07 Forum

Bike died while cruising down the street at 35 mph

rudaniun

Like the title says I was cruising at 35 mph and I pulled the clutch as I was going to just roll downhill to a red light, and as I was rolling light changed to green so I looked down real quick to see which gear I was in and my speed, and noticed that my rpm bar was gone and my red oil light was on, so as I was rolling I started the bike back up and kept going, haven't had that happen before.

Any ideas?

It's happened to a lot of us in different situations similar to yours. Some people say it's the break in oil, some say it's the fuel injection cutoff but all of us have no clue for sure what causes it to shut off randomly. It happened to me once around 400 miles and I was doing almost the same thing you did and it happened one other time when I blipped the throttle while not moving. I have a little over 1000 miles now and it hasn't happened since. I think there's a whole thread on this problem if someone could post the link.

Oh okay well it just happened today and I have around 930 miles on it and have done an oil and filter change and chain tension and all that stuff :P

• Premium Member

Check the kill switch connection attached to the kick stand and make sure its properly connected. Also, check your battery connections and make sure they're secure.

• Global Moderator

There is a lengthy thread here about stalling issues. You might find some tips there too. 

I had a comparable experience. After my first service where they increased the idle with 100 rpm it has not happened again. I still suspect that it is a combination of a tight and fresh engine with factory (break in?) oil and the bike being very lean out of the box.

There is a lengthy thread here about stalling issues. You might find some tips there too.  
I had a comparable experience. After my first service where they increased the idle with 100 rpm it has not happened again. I still suspect that it is a combination of a tight and fresh engine with factory (break in?) oil and the bike being very lean out of the box.
Hey Guru, if your bike isn't stalling anymore, are going to lower the rpm back by 100 or leave it as is? 

• Global Moderator

For now I am just leaving it as is. I would have to go back to the dealer because it needs to be hooked up to a computer do the change.

For now I am just leaving it as is. I would have to go back to the dealer because it needs to be hooked up to a computer do the change.
Do you know if the Dobeck EJK can make adjustments to idle RPM?   

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Archived