The MT-07 Forum

foot pegs and helmet cable

a52830

so, i just took delivery. while looking it over, i found a capped connector under the "passenger" seat. while looking in the manual to see if i could figure out what it is for (the owners manual shows it in one of the illustrations, but doesnt talk about it) i noticed that the "helmet cable" was not included. (it is supposed to be attached under the seat.)

did any of you recent purchasers  not get this either? is this something they stopped providing, but didnt update the manual?

also, i was considering removing the rear passenger foot pegs. i dont intend to bring anyone along, and removing them removes the temptation. the issue is that there appears to be a brake overflow reservoir attached to it. has anyone relocated that? i mean, it is sitting out there exposed. . . .

thanx. 

topazsparrow

There's a relocation kit for the reservoir I believe.

The cable isn't anything special - it's actually almost too short to be practical. I'm not sure if they stopped adding it, but it wouldn't be a big loss. 5 bucks in aircraft cable at the hardware store should have you sorted.

Vendor Hordpower has a nice reservoir bracket for those without footpegs, check him out in vendor section.
thanx. just what i was looking for. . . . .  
i do wish, however, that it wasn't hanging out like that, but what can you do?

There are are a few different relocation brackets available out there. A few of us have made our own brackets. My bracket tucks it in under the seat on foward mounting hole.
The plug under the seat is for computer diagnostics.

There are are a few different relocation brackets available out there. A few of us have made our own brackets. My bracket tucks it in under the seat on foward mounting hole. The plug under the seat is for computer diagnostics.
thanx for the note about the plug. i just got the service manual. i assume it talks about it there, but i haven't had time to look anything up yet, though.

Mine didn't have a helmet cable or owners manual. I called the dealer back and they gave me the run around. Called Yamaha and they shipped both over to me in a week.

• 1 month later...

I have honestly never heard of a helmet cable but, I found this and thought I'd chime in as I know who sells a very nice cable. 60 and 20 inches available and you CAN
order custom lengths in a variety of colors. They also have a Helmet Hook that you guys might want to take a look at.
I've been using it since they released it some 4 years ago.

TheHelmetHook.com

I'm a little curious about that cable so wouldn't mind pics.

Thanks, guiri

Archived