The MT-07 Forum

Hi new here.

stoggy

Hi I am new here.  Still kicking around trying to decide if I want to go FZ07 or FZ09.

I like the looks of both.  I like the range better on the FZ07.

This is my current rides, 2007 FZ01.
Side-FZ1_11-22-2009.jpg

• Global Moderator

Hey stoggy! Welcome, thanks for joining the group. Both the 07 and the 09 are great bikes. I personally prefer the FZ-07. It is lighter, more forgiving and it's fast enough. And I think it looks better too (especially the integrated tail light). And although being cheaper is a bonus, you wil probably spend the difference in prices on mods and upgrades anyway.
The best thing to do is ride both bikes back to back and trust your gut feeling. Good luck. (and nice FZ01 btw :) )

• Premium Member

Nice ride, welcome to the forums.

I personally like a few things the 07 has over the 09. Weight, lower seat height, better range, regular fuel, better styling (to me), doesn't have electronic throttle, lower price and the LCD gauge is on center.

The 09 will always be faster though. Either bike will be great, the 07 was just better for me overall.

Good luck deciding.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Nice bike, welcome to the forum.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome stoggy! It's a tough decision. Hubs has had his 09 for seven months and loves it. I've had my 07 for six weeks and love it. Even though the bikes are very similar looking they are very different bikes. I let him ride mine last weekend and he said Wow, that's a fun bike! I think he kinda likes mine better. I've only ridden the 09 about 15 miles and it scared me. My 07 goes farther on a tank of regular gas than the 09 which requires premium and the taillight on the 09 looks bolted on, the 07s is an integrated angular heart shape. Both are fantastic bikes; you can't go wrong with either one.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome and Bienvenue stoggy.
My deduction is as follow. If you are a hard core hooligan, go for the 09. If you are a hooligan at heart and frugal, the 07 is what you need.

• Global Moderator

I thought about the 09, but frankly I was intimidated by it. I love the 07. It has plenty of power, but is not at all scary. I did not ride the 09, so my opinion is entirely based on reviews and videos. I think I made the right decision for me.

I rode both the FZ-07 and FZ-09 on a Yamaha demo ride a few weeks ago.
I came away liking the FZ-07 more because it felt like a better sport bike as a whole - lighter, more nimble, the suspension felt like it worked better, and the torque and power felt very good.

The FZ-09 made more power and torque, but that's the only thing it had over the FZ-07 in my opinion.
The FZ-07 made a better impression on me.

Archived