The MT-07 Forum

Install air filter?

jwti725

I have an aftermarket exhaust on my bike right now, still with the stock tune from factory. I get my bike custom tuned on a dyno in exactly a week. My DNA air filter and filter cover just came in. Could I run both the aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket air filter (and filter cover) with the stock tune for only a week without any risk of hurting my engine?

• Premium Member

No problems....I have ran aftermarket exhaust on stock tune for a good 7k miles, then went to KN for about 2k miles till I heard 2wdw had a tune for my exhaust...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

You *probably* won't hurt the bike if you're not riding hard, but you almost certainly will have ridability issues. It's going to be too lean, so if you're hearing pinging, I'd lay off until it was tuned. Also, run premium - this will help with the pinging. But I'm not sure why you need to do this.

It's going to ride worse, and there IS a possibility of damaging it if you're riding hard, so you prob should just wait.

Who is doing your tune and what pipe do you have?
Note: K&N is very similar in flow to the stock, so real no difference there. But the MWR and especially the cover allow significantly more airflow, so you WILL be lean.

Proven Power in Tampa Florida, I live near there, my go-to shop recommended them and I've heard amazing things about them. I have a delkevic 8" carbon shorty side mounted on my bike right now. I just got a DNA air filter and the stage 2 filter cover

Archived