The MT-07 Forum

It's been a YEAR of riding!

tvbvli13

It's been a full year of riding, still a NOOB but wanted to join a forum get educated more and more with experienced riders especially ones that own a FZ07! 
To say the least my name is Tiffany, started riding in Last year in June. I own a 2016 Fz07 Raven Black, LOVE that crap out of my bike...Just wanted to know a few tricks on doing things on my own, any tips or advice? Or even better, any ideas on what parts to invest in that would benefit the FZ?

Just bought an M4 exhaust and don't have a hacksaw or anything to install....any clue what price a shop would usually charge?
Main question I just had to ask....

anyways...I will tell more about myself next thread! until then thanks for checking in ya'll RIDE SAFE!

p><p> <a href=https://image.ibb.co/daAgdv/IMG_0902.jpg' alt='IMG_0902.jpg'>

to upload photos

• Global Moderator

Welcome tiffany
There are plenty of us here to help
Im sure there are even some friendly mechanically savvy members near sacramento that would be willing to help out.
Welcome to the family.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums.

For the M4 installation, it's very straightforward so I would expect .5 to 1 hr labor at whatever your local shops rate is. Plan on about $60-$80/hr for labor billing. Maybe a few extra dollars for consumables like gaskets or high temp sealant.

I would recommend posting in the Ca section of the forum, there's a lot of members in the area that might help. Alternatively, if you've ever put Ikea furniture together and decided to buy the tools, you could handle this.

There are only a few other things you could do for performance. Better brake pads, a piggyback fuel controller like the EJK (electronic jet kit) or an ECU reflash and suspension, maybe a brighter headlight. Just about everything else is cosmetic.

Everything went braap.

Yeah just meet up with other riders in your area. Go to the location specific boards on these forums and hookup with other fz riders.

Then someone will eventually (almost guaranteed) point out your stock exhaust and ask if you are going to change it. Kindly let them know you already have the M4 but you are hesistant on installing it yourself because it involves cutting the oem pipe. Cue offers from people willing to help you cut and install it. And no, its not because you are a cute girl, even if you were a guy it will happen exactly the same. That's how motorcycle riders are with each other.

Oh and welcome.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the party, where are you located? Finding some riders in your area is a great idea!

Happy to see some females on the mighty FZ07, my wife hates it so glad some ladies out there are showing it some love.

Welcome again, and keep the rubber side down.

~Pete

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member

Welcome! Did you start off on the FZ or did you just get it recently?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Please dont let dealers/mechanics get $$$$ symbols in their eyes every time they see you coming and they definitely will. Unless of course money is no object, then by all means. Most of this stuff is so very easy to accomplish yourself. A simple socket and wrench set will prove invaluable and can tackle almost everything you'll need to do on this bike.

Personally I find these projects to be very gratifying afterwards when you can step back and admire your own handiwork. It can be a little intimidating at first but you just gotta get in there and have a crack at it, you'll be surprised how simple most of this stuff is to do.

This is my first bike as well and this forum has been instrumental in helping me better understand this bike from top to bottom. If you need advise and tips just search here and if nothing comes up, ask, no questions go unanswered here.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Welcome to the party, where are you located? Finding some riders in your area is a great idea! 
Happy to see some females on the mighty FZ07, my wife hates it so glad some ladies out there are showing it some love.

~Pete
Your wife hates it?!? That wont do at all. ;)   What, MCs in general or just this lovely machine of ours?  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

ducttapewd40

I spent a few years at bike mechanics school and I still use youtube to look for videos of people that have done the same project if I'm having trouble or just want a heads up on what to expect. I'm sure a search of "FZ-07 M4 exhaust install" will turn up several how to videos.

It's a very easy install and hacksaws are cheap. Plus there's definitely an extra level of satisfaction from riding your bike around after having done the mods yourself.

Not saying to do it if you don't feel comfortable with it or anything and finding an experienced assistant would be a plus.

• Premium Member

~Pete
Your wife hates it?!? That wont do at all. ;)   What, MCs in general or just this lovely machine of ours?
Oh no, she loves MC's (has for years) that is how we met (she was my track day instructor all those years ago....) and has a beautiful Tuono. And now that she has tasted the V4 awesomeness, there is no getting her back to our old love of light twins. Actually she like most of us loves the motor, but struggles to understand why I bought it compared to some of my previous bikes. I actually like that the FZ has some short comings. It makes you a much better rider in some ways. Its fun to "build" a bike again too, brings me back to my younger years of riding and being excited to bolt the next fix or upgrade on.  
She now, and I suppose always has had the buy once, cry once, turn the key and go mentality. Buys the bike she wants (always top of the line) stock and usually keeps them that way. The Tuono is no exception, short of a license plate clean up.

All that said, she rips the Tuono to the point that I can't keep up, on any bike. Really. Over the years, she has always been faster, and even if we switch bikes (when I'm stupid and think its the bike) she will beat me on my bike too, doesn't matter what one. Ducati 748, BMW S1000RR, or the FZ, she just constantly reminds me that she is a Kick ass rider, who can really rip.

Going 2 up as her passenger makes grown men cry and scream, it gives me the shivers, but then again her name is Valentina.

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member
Oh no, she loves MC's (has for years) that is how we met (she was my track day instructor all those years ago....) and has a beautiful Tuono. And now that she has tasted the V4 awesomeness, there is no getting her back to our old love of light twins. Actually she like most of us loves the motor, but struggles to understand why I bought it compared to some of my previous bikes. I actually like that the FZ has some short comings. It makes you a much better rider in some ways. Its fun to "build" a bike again too, brings me back to my younger years of riding and being excited to bolt the next fix or upgrade on.  
She now, and I suppose always has had the buy once, cry once, turn the key and go mentality. Buys the bike she wants (always top of the line) stock and usually keeps them that way. The Tuono is no exception, short of a license plate clean up.

All that said, she rips the Tuono to the point that I can't keep up, on any bike. Really. Over the years, she has always been faster, and even if we switch bikes (when I'm stupid and think its the bike) she will beat me on my bike too, doesn't matter what one. Ducati 748, BMW S1000RR, or the FZ, she just constantly reminds me that she is a Kick ass rider, who can really rip.

Going 2 up as her passenger makes grown men cry and scream, it gives me the shivers, but then again her name is Valentina.

HAHA well that sets that straight, not something you hear on the regular. Great to see a gal blow the socks off of and knock down some of that male bravado out there!  I looked up that Tuono, man what a serious looking bike. The FZ is my first so Ive been pretty loose with my money having fun modding (and anal retentively Q-tipping dust from the screw holes etc :D ), so in that regard I can see her love and the appeal of buying and leaving OEM as I might follow her example if and when I upgrade many years from now.  Furthermore Im sure trying to add anything to that Tuono would simply be a downgrade. Well done charming that one sir.  

• Premium Member

She must be Valentino Rossi's sister with a name like Valentina 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived