The MT-07 Forum

24 hour clock?

a52830

i will admit if find it amusing that the bike has a clock, but since it does, i would like it set up correctly. i prefer to set digital clocks for 24 hour time, rather than 12 hour, but i can't find anything about that in the manual.

can this clock really not do 24 hour time?

i will admit if find it amusing that the bike has a clock, but since it does, i would like it set up correctly. i prefer to set digital clocks for 24 hour time, rather than 12 hour, but i can't find anything about that in the manual. 
can this clock really not do 24 hour time?
Just check Sun position on a sky. The manual is correct.

Capture.jpg

well, considering the the manual wasn't correct about a helmet cable being included, and since it was copyrighted in may of 2015, almost two years ago, it does not seem unreasonable that some update to the software could have fixed that issue.

as an example, my new jetta has the ability to use a 24 hour clock, although the manual doesnt mention it, and it is not on the easy to use interface on the screen, it needs to be changed using the steering wheel controls.

well, considering the the manual wasn't correct about a helmet cable being included, and since it was copyrighted in may of 2015, almost two years ago, it does not seem unreasonable that some update to the software could have fixed that issue. 
as an example, my new jetta has the ability to use a 24 hour clock, although the manual doesnt mention it, and it is not on the easy to use interface on the screen, it needs to be changed using the steering wheel controls.

No mention of it in the manual and printed in the manual are two very different things. 

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

What do you mean wasn't correct about cable? My bike had it, I am not sure about using it, but it was under my seat. Maybe yours was stolen/forgotten by the "stealership"?

• Global Moderator

I was bummed that 24 hour time was not an option. If you look at the display it does not even have the LCD segments there to accommodate it. I guess in the grand scheme of things it is a minor annoyance but it would be nice.

• Premium Member

Might I respectfully remind one and all, that despite being a product of the digital age... this thing is a MOTORCYCLE. It would be neat, I suppose, if it would duplicate everything a typical smart-phone or other li'l digigizmo does. However, I don't want to buy it so equipped. If a 24 hour clock is critical to your biking function and/or pleasure, I'm sure for minimal cost one can be acquired at either ebay or amazon.

• Global Moderator

I wouldn't (didn't) not buy the bike because of it but I was surprised that it was not an option. I thought it was a fairly common thing in Japan, but apparently it is not. I have no idea why I thought that in the first place however.

• Premium Member
Might I respectfully remind one and all, that despite being a product of the digital age... this thing is a MOTORCYCLE. It would be neat, I suppose, if it would duplicate everything a typical smart-phone or other li'l digigizmo does. However, I don't want to buy it so equipped. If a 24 hour clock is critical to your biking function and/or pleasure, I'm sure for minimal cost one can be acquired at either ebay or amazon.
@avanti... stop it, you're ruining our military time fantasy. ;) 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I have an idea, the technology is already here so it's nothing new really but I don't see it on bikes. It would probably (at least initially) cost a lot if it ever made it to the market.  H.U.D.'s on windscreens that tell you everything, including military time to eliminate panic attacks at 1300 hrs. Great for big fans of "keeping your eyes on the road". 

Beemer

• Premium Member

MY military time is something I don't care to be reminded of.

Archived