The MT-07 Forum

2017 deviance

mcbrien

Just took delivery and I noticed a gap between the screw and the rubber grommet on the left side of the bike that screws into fork and holdson headlight assembly. The screw is tight but there's a gap. I have measured left and right side rubber grommets and steel spacers and therethe same ? I added a .050 washer to the steel spacer to pull it back so now it looks ok but if you look closely at both sides you can see that everything seems off to the right a bit. You can tell by how it lines up to the fork and by the gap around the ignition switch. Dealer has a 2nd 2017 and its thesame. His 2016 isn't like this. I think the nose of the bike and the instrument cluster isn't square and its driving me crazy.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

@mcbrien This is normal. 

yOUJ1ym.jpg

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

[div]Looks like it's time to remove one washer and then it's Miller Time![/div]

Beemer

Yeah, you really don't want that assembly held solid if they've designed it to float on rubber grommets.

• Premium Member

I'm thinking a big enough bump to the suspension with the headlight held rigidly may crack the plastic housing, I dunno. I'd leave it as-is.

Wow, Good find but it was driving me crazy so the washer stays. Anything in there about the clutch platessticking together when cold?

• Premium Member

No. My guess would be the engine oil may be too old or too high low temperature viscosity. Or perhaps the clutch cable needs adjustment. If the lever shaft is being actuated correctly and the clutch is still not performing adequately, you might have a problem with the internals of your clutch - maybe the springs are worn.

Wow, Good find but it was driving me crazy so the washer stays. Anything in there about the clutch platessticking together when cold?
Wet clutches do this on the first shift into 1st more than they will after the oil is warmed up - this is normal. 
Just ride the thing.  

• Premium Member

Cold oil, wet clutch... as you describe happens. I agree, "Just ride the thing."

Archived