The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Minnesota!

subcultcha

I'm Erik, live and ride in southeast Minnesota. I've ridden everything from Suzuki, BMW, HD and Kawasaki. But have never owned a Yamaha........ until yesterday. My current rides are a 1995 Dyna, a 2003 Electra Glide that I converted into a Street Glide, and a new 2016 FZ-07. I also have a '79 KZ650 in the shed, waiting for a tear-down/rebuild. I'm pretty excited to get the FZ home, on Friday, once the weather is nice enough for a longer ride from the dealership.

I work as a tech/rep/cust service for a manufacturer of aftermarket exhaust systems, handlebars and sissybars for Harley's and some Indian. I'm certified by DynoJet for performance tuning HD's, I have not yet played with any metric/euro systems, though I'm sure I can bring some of that knowledge to work on the FZ. I have a DynoJet 250i in our R&D room, i'm looking forward to playing with the FZ on it for sure.

This is my first visit to the forums, looks like you guys have a lot of good info here, looking forward to browsing around, maybe sharing some input eventually. I already have a pretty good idea of the initial mods I want to do, but that's another thread, sometime.

Welcome from Bemidji, MN.

Also a multi-bike rider (Harvey Donaldson Ultra, Moto Gutecee, Hornda, several Yamihammers)

• Premium Member

Welcome!

This forum is pretty great, so you might get spoiled if you go elsewhere.

What color did you get? Post a pic once you get it!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Going to head out Friday afternoon to bring it home, then do the break in as quickly as possible, so I can get some upgrades done. I snapped this before I left the dealership. Bone stock, for now.

17522636_10208998146091916_5109380153028991415_n.jpg

upload link direct

Archived