The MT-07 Forum

Noob intro!

thchaime

Hey guys,

Just bought a 2016 FZ 07 as my first bike, just recently got my license.

Some info about myself:
- Live in Dubai since 2007
- First time riding motorcycles at 38, even though it's been a dream since my teenage years
- Work in banking (I can hear the collective "ewwww"!)
- Mostly interested in enjoying riding, exploring the country, desert and mountains
- Also interested in learning to ride on the track, so thinking of getting a cheap 15 year old 600 to learn
- Married, no kids yet. Wife is a successful artist and designer, so expect some posts of cool helmet designs soon! (the reason she made me buy an all black matt helmet!)

About the bike:
- 2016, used
- Bought it with 800km on the clock, hasn't even done first service
- Mint condition (I think!)
- Love the yellow!
- No mods, still 100% stock

Mods I'm planning (subject to wife approval of budget!):
- Protection package: various sliders + radiator cover
- Exhaust. Need advice on slip-on vs. full system (if ultimate power isn't a priority, sound and cost are)
- Motodynamics everything: fender, integrated tail light, front flush-mount signals

I'm posting quick and dirty pics till I'm able to get better ones.

Thanks everyone!
Tony

IMG_5976.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome! Love the bullet list. Enjoy!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Welcome
Save some money by not modding the bike for a few months until you realize what YOU really want. ?

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Would you advise me to at least get some protection bits and pieces? frame sliders, etc? Thanks!

• Premium Member

Good riding gear is the probably the protection you can buy... When you get good gear, invest in some case savers like the ones Trex Racing makes...I personally avoid frame sliders...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Welcome and congrats! Nice bike! Tell me you're not going to come back with a big, flowery helmet??? :-S

Beemer

Ha! Hell no! She has an artistic dark side! no flowery helmets planned :)

Thanks for the advice on the protecting gear. I decided early on to always be ATGATT, and I'm willing to put up with 100+ heat to stay relatively safe.

• Premium Member

There are a lot of mods that just change the looks of the bike. Don't spend too much money on those for now.
If it's functional, then it may be worth it. Like Frame sliders or a louder horn.
What I'm realizing is that if I upgraded my suspension early on then I would have spent a lot of money but would not have noticed the difference. Now if I spend the money, I'll understand what I'm getting cause I have a good idea of how the bike feels stock.

Archived