The MT-07 Forum

Hello everyone! Just ordered my FZ-07

zilrevva

Hello everyone. I have been reading this awesome forum off and on for the last year. I finally sold my FZ-09 and decided to jump in with an FZ-07. Some say this is a downgrade, but it isn't The FZ-09 was a fun bike for being a hooligan and wheelies on command, but I commute on my bikes and the FZ-09 throttle freaking sucks. I test rode a 2017 and the throttle is marginally better but man, the initial throttle on the FZ-09 is just too harsh, and the MPG and small tank meant that I was running out of gas at around 96-110 miles. 
It just wasn't a practical bike for me. 

So, I sold it and just ordered a Rapid Red ABS model. I will be running around on my old 77 Yamaha tt 500 until it gets here. I keep the TT because it belonged to my late father who taught me to ride. He is gone, but he lives on in that bike and hopefully my son will want it when he grows up. 

I ordered the rapid red only because it comes with ABS. And I have always wanted a bike with ABS. Truth be told, I plan on painting the bike Yellow and Black ala Kenny Roberts. The XSR-900 has a sweet Kenny Roberts option, so I'm gonna copy that on my FZ-07 and have high hopes . 

Ok, time for me to admit my weakness. I'm a big fan of revzilla, even though they sold out to Cycle Gear and Anthony is no longer with the company. I have had and continue to have the very best customer service with them and they are the easiest to do returns with by far. And, it makes sense that they were bought by Cycle Gear. I used to go to Cycle Gear and try on gear, and then go home and order that gear from Revzilla, lol. Now, they are the same and if one of them are out of product my size, the other usually has it in stock. 
So, you will see me brag about my Revzilla purchases often.

Lastly, tot he people who run this forum. Bravo. This is a great place to be, helpful and considerate culture's never just occur on their own, they are breed by example and you folks have built a great place. I love that it isn't a corporate forum like most of the others. I also like that we can easily upload pics. None of my other bike forums allow that. HTTPS is also impressive to see. 

Thanks for creating such a great forum and for keeping the squids out. 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. I used to have a yamaha xt-500, it was a rock solid bike and a great dual sport back in the day. Your dad would be proud of you for keeping it.

Also interested in your Kenny roberts paint plans. Please post pics when you finish.

Ride safe, wear good gear.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I also like the yellow and black speed block look. Post some pics after you get your new ride and after you finish your paint job.

hugson2wheels

Congrats and welcome to the forums!

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• Premium Member

Welcome... I went the opposite way you did and added a FJ-09 to balance my motorcycle needs...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Welcome! And yesss, someone can join me in the black and yellow scheme (tho my black and yellow bike is not a yammie).

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Hello everyone. I have been reading this awesome forum off and on for the last year. I finally sold my FZ-09 and decided to jump in with an FZ-07. Some say this is a downgrade, but it isn't The FZ-09 was a fun bike for being a hooligan and wheelies on command, but I commute on my bikes and the FZ-09 throttle freaking sucks. I test rode a 2017 and the throttle is marginally better but man, the initial throttle on the FZ-09 is just too harsh, and the MPG and small tank meant that I was running out of gas at around 96-110 miles.  It just wasn't a practical bike for me. 

So, I sold it and just ordered a Rapid Red ABS model. I will be running around on my old 77 Yamaha tt 500 until it gets here. I keep the TT because it belonged to my late father who taught me to ride. He is gone, but he lives on in that bike and hopefully my son will want it when he grows up. 

I ordered the rapid red only because it comes with ABS. And I have always wanted a bike with ABS. Truth be told, I plan on painting the bike Yellow and Black ala Kenny Roberts. The XSR-900 has a sweet Kenny Roberts option, so I'm gonna copy that on my FZ-07 and have high hopes . 

Ok, time for me to admit my weakness. I'm a big fan of revzilla, even though they sold out to Cycle Gear and Anthony is no longer with the company. I have had and continue to have the very best customer service with them and they are the easiest to do returns with by far. And, it makes sense that they were bought by Cycle Gear. I used to go to Cycle Gear and try on gear, and then go home and order that gear from Revzilla, lol. Now, they are the same and if one of them are out of product my size, the other usually has it in stock. 
So, you will see me brag about my Revzilla purchases often.

Lastly, tot he people who run this forum. Bravo. This is a great place to be, helpful and considerate culture's never just occur on their own, they are breed by example and you folks have built a great place. I love that it isn't a corporate forum like most of the others. I also like that we can easily upload pics. None of my other bike forums allow that. HTTPS is also impressive to see. 

Thanks for creating such a great forum and for keeping the squids out. 

Welcome, enjoy the new bike.

On Revzilla, Anthony is still with the company, just not CEO...also, Cycle Gear does not own Revzilla.

They share a parent company...subtle but important difference.

• Premium Member

Welcome! I just got my ABS model earlier this week. I hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine so far. The only niggles I've found so far, in my few days of ownership is the peg location when you're feet down and the lack of factory centerstand. Otherwise I'm very happy with it so far. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived