The MT-07 Forum

Poor mans rear stand

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

For those of of you who've been walking your bike down the road (like myself) because you don't have a rear stand yet I did this last night and it worked quite nicely. I'll probably order a stand in the near future but for now it worked like a charm cleaning/relubricating the chain. I jacked it from the stock exhaust however the oil pan would work as long as you place a board or something to distribute the weight. One jack stand went on the swing arm the other on the bracket on the other swing arm. Now obviously I wouldn't sit on it while it's up but it was fairly Sturdy. 

Although it's probably been done before I hadn't seen it on here yet and it makes life so much easier.

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

ducttapewd40

I have in a time of need hung one of mine from the garage ceiling rafters with ratchet straps, but that probably wasn't the best idea. Held up over the weekend while I brought both wheels in to the shop to have the tires changed though.

mjdavis1994
I have in a time of need hung one of mine from the garage ceiling rafters with ratchet straps, but that probably wasn't the best idea. Held up over the weekend while I brought both wheels in to the shop to have the tires changed though.
If it works it works sorta did the same thing with an old Nissan hardbody pulling the engine. Sketchy but worked xD 

[div]Never noticed it before but in the 1st pic the bike looks pot bellied or prego.[/div]

Beemer

mjdavis1994
[div]Never noticed it before but in the 1st pic the bike looks pot bellied or prego.[/div]
We'll be slimming her down shortly ?

Archived