The MT-07 Forum

CRG Levers and R6 Tube

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

Installed CRG levers and an r6 throttle tube today and loving them so far! The blue matches the blurple perfect and the r6 tube does make a noticeable difference I don't feel like I'm breaking my wrist anymore. More upgrades to come!!

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

51330206687_0_C7_B9_E08_B500_48_CC_A2_E0_E936_D7067_D27.jpg

I recently bought the R6 throttle tube myself. After my wrist heals up I'll install mine. ;)  I have an old friend in Indiana that told me of all the mods he'd put on his SR500 a 1/4 throttle tube made the biggest difference so I'm anticipating a big difference as well and the thought of not looking like some goofy nerd when I give it full throttle. :D

Beemer

mjdavis1994
I recently bought the R6 throttle tube myself. After my wrist heals up I'll install mine. ;)  I have an old friend in Indiana that told me of all the mods he'd put on his SR500 a 1/4 throttle tube made the biggest difference so I'm anticipating a big difference as well and the thought of not looking like some goofy nerd when I give it full throttle. :D
I can tell you it made riding wheelies out so much easier ? It was irritating trying to go WOT and feeling like I was breaking my wrist so much easier now ?

ducttapewd40

Just got my tube on today and went for about a 5 minute test drive and it feels awesome. Mostly because shifting doesn't require a huge awkward arm movement on the throttle side anymore. My dirt driveway which is bumpy as hell and looks like a forest two track was a little trickier with the throttle being a touchier. That might just mean I'll start driving down it in 2nd gear from now on.

mjdavis1994
Just got my tube on today and went for about a 5 minute test drive and it feels awesome. Mostly because shifting doesn't require a huge awkward arm movement on the throttle side anymore. My dirt driveway which is bumpy as hell and looks like a forest two track was a little trickier with the throttle being a touchier. That might just mean I'll start driving down it in 2nd gear from now on.

Yeah after I installed mine I drove it for about two hours. After about 25-30 mins I for the most part got used to it. Definitely an upgrade! Be careful on that driveway man!

• Premium Member

I cant recall the throttle set-up when I swapped over to metal Rizoma grips. Do you guys feel the r6 tube would slip under this aluminum grip or does it require something stretchy/rubberized?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

ducttapewd40
Yeah after I installed mine I drove it for about two hours. After about 25-30 mins I for the most part got used to it. Definitely an upgrade! Be careful on that driveway man!

I'm guessing it won't take me long to get used to. I had a 2007 R6 for about 7 years so I ordered the same oem tube that came on it. It felt very familiar the first time I gave it a twist.

mjdavis1994
I cant recall the throttle set-up when I swapped over to metal Rizoma grips. Do you guys feel the r6 tube would slip under this aluminum grip or does it require something stretchy/rubberized?

I have the stock grips but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't slip. If I recall correctly when I was comparing the stock tube to the r6, the r6 wasn't as "smooth" as in the plastic was rougher, but the handle part of the tube was the same size. I'd imagine it would work but another member who possibly has that setup would have to add to this for verification.

As a bit of a newb I don't understand the technical side of switching to an R6 throttle tube and grip. Would someone explain it simply to me. Thanks

Archived