The MT-07 Forum

35 or 55KW?

davev

Hi guys,

Anyone an idea where or what to look for (on the bike itself) to figure out if it is a 35KW or 55KW? Without riding it....

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I am assuming you are in either Europe or Austrilia. I believe that Yamaha uses a plate on the throttle linkage to limit the amount that the throttle butterflies can open. If that is the case check the left side of the bike. Here is a 

of a LAMS MT-07. Go to the 7 minute mark (7:07 specifically)and the guy talks about the plate that limits how much you can turn the throttle. So look for that tab. Here is a good  image of what the difference should look like:attachment.php?attachmentid=2206&d=1437635636 
The guy is holding an unrestricted one and the limiting one is on the bike. Let me know if you have any other questions.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Hey snowdriftless, thanks for the info.. I got the same one as the guy is holding in his hands...so I am at 55KW right?
And yes I am from the Europe ;-)

• Global Moderator

Do they have the low power version in Europe? I was under the impression that it was just an Australian thing.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Hey snowdriftless, thanks for the info.. I got the same one as the guy is holding in his hands...so I am at 55KW right? And yes I am from the Europe ;-)

Yup, sounds like you have the 55KW version.

@globamoderator, yes they do have both version available here in Europe. There was a misunderstanding when I bought mine about the amount of KW. But I'm good than :-)

Do they have the low power version in Europe? I was under the impression that it was just an Australian thing.
Yes, we have 2 different levels of drivers license for bikes, limited and unlimited and if you have the "A2" license you are only allowed to ride with 35 KW

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

The reason I know about this stuff is because the FZ-07 is my first bike and I got an A2 limiting kit for my first few months to keep me from being too wheelie happy.

• 2 years later...
On 12.04.2017 at 16:26, snowdriftless said:

Я предполагаю, что вы находитесь в Европе или в Австрии. Я считаю, что Yamaha использует пластину на рычаге газа, чтобы ограничить количество, которое бабочки газа могут открыть. Если это так, проверьте левую сторону велосипеда. Вот 

СВЕТИЛЬНИКИ МТ-07. Подойдите к 7-минутной отметке (в частности, 7:07), и парень расскажет о тарелке, которая ограничивает то, на сколько вы можете крутить газ. Так что ищите эту вкладку. Вот хорошее изображение того, как должна выглядеть разница: attachment.php? = 2206 вложения & d = 1437635636 
парень держит неограниченный, а ограничивающий - на велосипеде. Дайте мне знать, если у вас есть еще вопросы.

On 12.04.2017 at 16:26, snowdriftless said:

Я предполагаю, что вы находитесь в Европе или в Австрии. Я считаю, что Yamaha использует пластину на рычаге газа, чтобы ограничить количество, которое бабочки газа могут открыть. Если это так, проверьте левую сторону велосипеда. Вот 

СВЕТИЛЬНИКИ МТ-07. Подойдите к 7-минутной отметке (в частности, 7:07), и парень расскажет о тарелке, которая ограничивает то, на сколько вы можете крутить газ. Так что ищите эту вкладку. Вот хорошее изображение того, как должна выглядеть разница: attachment.php? = 2206 вложения & d = 1437635636 
парень держит неограниченный, а ограничивающий - на велосипеде. Дайте мне знать, если у вас есть еще вопросы.

Нет доступа :(