The MT-07 Forum

Debadging, yes or no

brokenhat

trainspottingbaby

I find that the logo sticker goes well with my pale blue metallic tank, and in fact it's one of the things I find most attractive about the 07. It would probably look too plain without it.

In pictures, the red 07 is never shown with tank logos. Does anybody know if that's accurate? Or are they there but just hard to see?

• Global Moderator

The 2015 red has no tank logos. I am trying to remember if the 2017 red one I saw at the dealership had any logos and I do not think it did. It did have the silly warning sticker however.

• Premium Member

[attachment id=2483" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2480" thumbnail="1][attachment id=2481" thumbnail="1]
Not exactly "tank" but close :) ....I made custom resin cabochon drl/signals and suspended in the resin is a red 3d Yamaha logo. For lighting I used led trailer side markers from 'Canadian Tire' and to achieve the DRL/signals, 'Blinker Genie' from 'Custom Led'. 

I've de-branded the entire bike of all make and model identification....except these side markers.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

No badges, only the little tail decal is left, I put a pice of carbor fiber wrap in place of badge...I'm not a huge fan of stickers/decals/badges, or a top box on the FZ-07... It's your motorcycle so do what you want... one thing I want changed for all FZ-07 is dump the stock airbox and put a Hordpower airbox in, now the FZ-07 looks 12233445677876% better

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

now the FZ-07 looks 12233445677876% better
[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    I love that it's not even an intentional number. You just dragged your finger across the keyboard hahaha. [/span] 

• Premium Member

I de-badge or change the badging on everything. On the 07 I got rid of everything, including the stickers on the frame.  Then did my own "Avanti" emblems for the sides of the "tank," replacing the Yami tuning forks.

4929Sm.jpg

• Premium Member
I de-badge or change the badging on everything. On the 07 I got rid of everything, including the stickers on the frame.  Then did my own "Avanti" emblems for the sides of the "tank," replacing the Yami tuning forks. 
4929Sm.jpg

Wow! These are stellar avanti! Definitely not made on your kitchen table.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Damn, @mr.Puss , that's some quality work there. Where'd you get the idea?
Fear. :D   Actually I just love lights and doing anything crafty. It seemed like an ideal place for drl/signals to hopefully be noticed by more people/cagers as well as have something unique. 
I looked around for some premade yamaha lights for this area but any I found were ill sized or cheap fugly garbage so I took it upon myself to plan out and source my own parts for this project.

...and thanks!

• Premium Member
Nor were YOURS, Mr.Puss... nor were yours.
ha thanks! Actually mine were "kitchen table specials." :D 

• Premium Member

Mine would have been... if I didn't have a 1200 sq.ft. shop just outside my door, hehehe.

Damn, @mr.Puss , that's some quality work there. Where'd you get the idea?
Fear. :D   Actually I just love lights and doing anything crafty. It seemed like an ideal place for drl/signals to hopefully be noticed by more people/cagers as well as have something unique. 
I looked around for some premade yamaha lights for this area but any I found were ill sized or cheap fugly garbage so I took it upon myself to plan out and source my own parts for this project.

...and thanks!

How the hell do you guys do that?! I mean, If I just step into the garage when the sun is shining I'm on the bike, can't resist it, no time for anything else. Is it crappy weather that allows you time for projects like that? I can't imagine choosing to work when it's nice out. Tell me you did that in the winter or that you were drunk and got an idea. ::) 

Beemer

• Premium Member

...and thanks!

How the hell do you guys do that?! I mean, If I just step into the garage when the sun is shining I'm on the bike, can't resist it, no time for anything else. Is it crappy weather that allows you time for projects like that? I can't imagine choosing to work when it's nice out. Tell me you did that in the winter or that you were drunk and got an idea. ::)
The problem up here is its either sub zero or like right now, still f'n snowing. Alberta offers about 7 months of unridable conditions. Following winter,  whenever the hell thatll be, theres tons of sand and gravel that needs to be swept up too. Time a plenty my friend! You cats down south have it good. 

The problem up here is its either sub zero or like right now, still f'n snowing. Alberta offers about 7 months of unridable conditions. Following winter,  whenever the hell thatll be, theres tons of sand and gravel that needs to be swept up too. Time a plenty my friend! You cats down south have it good. 
Well, there ya have it! I remember even in Indiana they used that pea gravel instead of salt in and around our neighborhood in the winter and just swept it to the curb in the spring. us juveniles did dastardly things with handfuls of that stuff. No harm done, just pranks. ;) 

Beemer

• Premium Member

As for myself, in Northern Louisiana we have a lot of nice weather, so there is plenty of time for riding/driving (other toys, too) AND design and fabrication. Also, I've been retired for nearly a decade, which doesn't hurt, though as many of my ilk say, "I don't know how I got anything done while I worked." I've never been busier!

• Global Moderator
e7cd2c173be4ca76d9f09b75e546d024.jpg We don't need no stinking badges!!!! Took them off to apply the decal, better flushed finish
Whats with the string simba?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

@sorkyah That's his redneck GPS? :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

e7cd2c173be4ca76d9f09b75e546d024.jpg We don't need no stinking badges!!!! Took them off to apply the decal, better flushed finish
Whats with the string simba? 
was cleaning the chain at the time was using it to hold up the plastic LOLOLOL

• Global Moderator

@simbadc650
What plastic? There shouldnt be any plastic back there

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived