The MT-07 Forum

Michelin PR3s life?

johndoe

My fz07 came with Michelin PR3s out of the factory. I bought the bike July 2015, and so far I've done 11500miles.

I measured the tread depth a few days ago, it was sitting at 5.4mm. These tires have 6.3mm when new. So 11500miles = 0.9mm. 

Reading up on various places, seems like people are getting at most 12000-15000miles out of a rear at most, whereas I'm nowhere near the limit of the tire. What are your experiences?

My bike has about 4200 miles on it. The front tyre looks brand new, the rear has plenty of tread yet, but is squared off a little, barely noticeable as a 2in wide band and enough to notice the rear end moving a bit when leaning just enough to sit on the edge of the flat. The deepest point of my tread is just under 5 mm, just off the flat sector. From should to centre, depth is between 4 and 5 mm.

Those are a great tire! I got 18,000 kms out of a set. The back was overdue. The front still had decent tread left but was badly cupped.

The life of the tyre has many factors. It depends on your size, how you ride, quality of roads and so on. Ive got the same ones on mine so I'll be interested to hear what others have to say too

• Premium Member

Around 20k front and 15k rear.

Everything went braap.

Archived