The MT-07 Forum

Bike wont start after fuel drain and a week on a truck.

levim

I recently had to move cross-country and shipped my bike.  The moving company made me drain the fuel (I just siphoned most of it out of the tank, there was still some fuel in the system), drain the oil, and disconnect the battery.  I put it all back together and the engine is turning over fine.  I don't think its a battery issue.  Put a little over a gallon of fuel in it.  Put new oil in.  Won't start, sounds like fuel isn't making it to the engine.  I tried cranking it for about 7 second intervals, about 3 times.  I didn't want to hurt anything by trying it longer than that since it hasn't had oil in it for a week.

I may just be blind, but is there a fuel shut-off valve on this bike?  If so, where is it located?

If anyone suspects anything else, or has any tips please let me know.  I'll be leaving the state for a couple weeks on Saturday and I'd rest easy knowing my baby is running alright ;)

I'd check the spark plugs for fuel on them. might be fuel fouled.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member

Check all safety connections like clutch, kick stand, etc..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

YEah, if they strapped it down by the bars, definitely have a look at the clutch switch. But will it even crank if that's faulty? I'm thinking not if in gear. Shouldn't be an issue in neutral anyway.

Did you drain the tank by syphoning or did you remove it and disconnect lines?

If the latter, are you sure you got the pump's electrics plugged back in properly - can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn on the key?

Iirc, there's no fuel return line in this system - only a pressure hose. You might just have a lot of air in that fuel line that will need to be pumped thru. You can try cracking the throttle open a bit while it's cranking. 

Archived