The MT-07 Forum

Can you tell me where this part belong?

faffi

I know the image is poor, but the light was terrible for taking pics. It came with the case of original parts that followed my bike home. One end has a threaded hole plus a cast in "bushing" sticking out (down towards the floor in the picture) and the other end has a hole not unlike the inside of a 12-sided socket.

IMAG1720_zps92t09tmd.jpg

• Global Moderator

I havent seen its likeness on this bike.... my first thought was shift arm, but thats very different

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Mirror extension plates?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of better photos. Threaded hole is a for a 6 mm bolt. Overall length roughly 2 inches.

20170510_190838_zpsnpuompse.jpg

20170510_190816_zpsinbthani.jpg

Do you have aftermarket footpegs?
Otherwise could be a mirror extender.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Yes, the PO replaced the pegs and removed the passenger pegs.

Wouldn't a mirror extender have 10mm threaded holes, and not 6mm?

Could be a peg or a lever end adjuster then

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Possibly. Not going to worry about it, then - I was just curious if it was a stock part that had been removed ;)

• Premium Member

Put a jewelry chain through one of the holes and wear as a necklace. That way if it is an adjuster and you ever need it, it will be handy. ;-)

It's definately not a mirror extender and it does not come from the passenger pegs.

Thanks, that limits the number of options slightly - but there are still many possibilities left. Unfortunately.

• Premium Member

Its a very good possibility its not even related to the FZ-07...It could be a "key" for something to open a battery door or vice versa...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Its a very good possibility its not even related to the FZ-07...It could be a "key" for something to open a battery door or vice versa...
IKR! I was thinking that maybe it's something the cat dragged in. My cats always brought me things but they were usually furry and dead. 

Beemer

the dead giveaway is that it's machined and anodized so nice. Yamaha would never go to such a bother. Does the scallop fit coke/beer/soda bottles?

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Maybe a fork preload adjuster tool?  Looks kind of short for that and I don't know why it would have a threaded hole though.

It looks like it should sit in a recess and be screwed in place from the backside, but the end that looks like a socket is confusion unless it should hold something that can be adjusted  :-S

Archived