The MT-07 Forum

XSR900 cluster

docjohn85

Doing a couple conversions on the bike and I'm thinking about buying an XSR900 cluster (I just personally like the low profile and classic look to it) and I'm curious if anyone knows if the wiring is the same. Essentially if it's cut and dry plug and play or if I'll have to do some wiring rigging. Thanks

topazsparrow
The XSR700 is likely the best chance of a direct bolt-on, although not verified AFAIK.

The pinouts are identical except for one wire (which is blank on the FZ).

I've never had the motivation to purchase the cluser and try it since they don't have any XSR700's in the US and they are really rare in Canada.

• Global Moderator

The XSR900 has ride modes traction control displays. If you can get the XSR700 one to work I think that would be better.

The XSR700 is likely the best chance of a direct bolt-on, although not verified AFAIK.
I've never had the motivation to purchase the cluser and try it since they don't have any XSR700's in the US and they are really rare in Canada.

Would that be for the ABS? My bike has ABS. Or does the XSR have a 25th pin?

topazsparrow

Would that be for the ABS? My bike has ABS. Or does the XSR have a 25th pin?
Here's my last post on it before I lost interest in the swap: 

https://fz07.org/post/98050

I'm still 90% certain it's a direct swap - but the best way to find out would be to track down an XSR owner and ask to swap gauges. 300+ dollars for a test gauge is no joke.

It seems likely that the two bikes share wiring harness, as you anticipated. For me, the issue with the XSR gauge is that it brings a visual improvement, but it doesn't bring any functional gains IMO - complaints are widespread regarding readability of the 950 Bolt instrument, which is next to identical to that of the XSR.

Archived