The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

I can't remember where I read it but the yoshi and EJK had better performance with the baffle in vs out.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
I can't remember where I read it but the yoshi and EJK had better performance with the baffle in vs out.
I dont think it was the ejk, i think it was the ecu flash that @2wheeldynoworks has put together for our bike.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

wingnutted
I dont think it was the ejk, i think it was the ecu flash that @2wheeldynoworks has put together for our bike.
Nels had my bike (Yoshi, no EJK) in to create the flash he's been using. He put in on the dyno with both the baffle in / out, and there was no difference between the two. Not sure if the EJK would have different results tho...

oneshotjohnny

Hey guys. I just installed the Yoshi on my FZ07 last week. The sound is amazing. I was told by the dealership that I don't necessarily have to have the ECU flashed, and in wondering if that's true. I don't want to do any damage to the bike....thanks for any input..

• Global Moderator
Hey guys. I just installed the Yoshi on my FZ07 last week. The sound is amazing. I was told by the dealership that I don't necessarily have to have the ECU flashed, and in wondering if that's true. I don't want to do any damage to the bike....thanks for any input..
That is true, its recommended for better performance but because of the λ sensor bung on the yoshi, the ecu can control fuel delivery just fine.  I will recommend putting some miles on it for the long-term fuel strategy to update itself. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

2wheeldynoworks
I can't speak for the EJK but from our experience, on this bike, on this system, it didn't change the performance.  

Correct. 

The dealership won't officially ever tell you to flash the ecu of your bike, by the rule book anyway. To get any of the advantages of that exhaust, it is recommended to do some sort of tuning or ecu flash. Basically, you changed how the engine operates, so it's not running optimally, and to get the advantages of that very nice expensive exhaust, tuning of some sorts is generally required to get that engine happy again 

I just picked up a used one today. Hope it sounds amazing

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

@bigity why did you switch exhausts?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

@bigity why did you switch exhausts?

I like Yoshi. The exhaust not is very good (not perfect, but excellent). Sounds so good. The only thing that really bothered me, unceasingly, is the loudness. The only options are really loud with the silencer in and mega loud with it out. If you don't care or are a weekend cruiser, probably not a problem. I put 7-9k on my bikes each year. And am at 3/4 or more throttle fairly often. And the Yoshi at 7k and 3/4 throttle is LOUD.

I also live in the heart of the city and do a lot of riding under 40 mph where I don't need ear plug protection from wind. But I do have to put them in for the yoshi, even with the silencer.

The termig has TWO silencers, so three volume levels. The "street" silencer reminds me of the akra ti sound. The race silencer reminds me of the Yoshi with silencer. And the Nonsilencer reminds me of Yoshi with without silencer. I like the note of the termig just a little more.

I also live in pretty dense neighborhood and park down a 50foot driveway. Getting home at 11:30 pm with the Yoshi blasting the neighbors isn't smiled upon...

But overall, the termig just is a better fit for me. Somewhat more subtle sound for in the city commuting, and take out the silencer when on out on a real ride. Just more flexibility and a better fit for my situation.

kakusaizou

Should the exhaust sit pretty close to the rear brake lever after installation? Seems like I only have a couple mm of clearance.

Idk about the rear brake lever, but there is only a couple mm of clearance between the muffler can and the swingarm. Nothing should be in contact

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Should the exhaust sit pretty close to the rear brake lever after installation? Seems like I only have a couple mm of clearance.
Are you being literal when you say a couple mm? As in 2mm? Mine had about a cm between the muffler and frame, and about the same between the muffler and rear brake lever.

pantheraleo
Are you being literal when you say a couple mm? As in 2mm? Mine had about a cm between the muffler and frame, and about the same between the muffler and rear brake lever.
About 1cm for me, too.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

FYI - for those running a PCV, Dynojet just uploaded two maps specific to the Yosh r77 system (both with stock A/F, one with, one without snorkel) that were not available only a week ago. If you are like me and running the Akro map because it was the closest available, you'll probably want to grab the new Yosh map and try it out. I just installed it but won't get out for a test ride until tomorrow.

FYI - for those running a PCV, Dynojet just uploaded two maps specific to the Yosh r77 system (both with stock A/F, one with, one without snorkel) that were not available only a week ago. If you are like me and running the Akro map because it was the closest available, you'll probably want to grab the new Yosh map and try it out. I just installed it but won't get out for a test ride until tomorrow. 
Right on!  I am running a K&N with the snorkel out but I will compare against current and see!  That's excellent news.  

Dustin

Yea looks about right, I was exaggerating a bit  but there seems to be enough clearance as so it doesn't rub against the bottom portion of the rear brake lever. 

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Did anyone else exhaust tip shrink? Mine doesn't even sit flush with the rest. 
yFkJ3uo.jpg

Mine did the same thing. Not sure if it's the tip or the main muffler body expanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally gave in and bought it from revzilla for 575 after price match to motorcyclesuperstore. if you are looking to buy it soon keep an eye out for motorcyclesuperstore they have it on sale for 580 plus ten percent off coupon that expires on july 1st. the problem with that is they are out of stock and were unable to tell me when more would arrive.

• Premium Member
I just purchased a PCV, actually from the f/s section on this forum... still waiting for it to arrive. I noticed the new maps too that were just added recently. I was going to email them but maybe someone here would know. It doesn't specify whether the baffle is in or out. Does that even matter? Mine is in currently but I was thinking of taking it out. Any ideas?
Also, how was the test ride? Any noticeable difference from the Akro map?

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Did not notice difference, but I'm happy knowing I'm running the map for my specific setup.

I'm running the baffle in...I'd rather err on a little more back pressure and less noise. Just guessing, but would think Dynojet would note if tune was without baffle.

Archived