The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

Guest August BB

Saw your vid @ricochet08. Nice. I definitely like the way it sounds without the baffle. Much more angry, but like you I will just keep the baffle in because its still loud.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok....Got a few photo's. I am not happy with video shot with phone :( I will try my best to give a little description of sound with out baffle. The start up is actually not bad...at idle without baffle its quieter then I expected. My 2011 Ninja 650 with the Leo Vice no baffle was louder, my buddies 2009 Ninja 650 with the Jardine is A LOT louder at idle. The FZ07 under load once it gets past about 3000k is get REALLY loud...louder than my Leo on Ninja 650 and I would say about the same as the Jardine on buddies bike. It has more "treble" in the sound as it spools up in RPM. Down in lower revs it almost has a cruiser  of sound more like a V-twin than a parallel twin....so here is photos
CIMG0238_zps14e59bb0.jpg

Saw your vid @ricochet08. Nice. I definitely like the way it sounds without the baffle. Much more angry, but like you I will just keep the baffle in because its still loud.
Thanks August! I'll switch it up from time to time, especially in the summer  (:))

• 1 month later...

In general, a fuel controller always has a benefit, even with stock pipes. Some systems do not require it to be within "acceptable" AFRs, but I'd offer that all systems can benefit from one.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that, in all this euphoria, no-one has asked or disclosed if the Yoshi reduces back pressure - and therefore torque/acceleration.

Most aftermarket pipes carry a performance penalty. Does this one?

Mine has been on for a week, only about three rides after the install, but I would say there is no noticeable difference in any performance aspect.

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

Yes, thanks for confirming that.
 I wrote to Yoshimura about this.  They replied that their system is designed around the bike's stock tune.  Their dyno shows no power losses below 3K rpm and a 2hp and 2 foot lbs of torque gain across the power curve.
All good!

sounds great too!

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

Yes, I'm sure. Mine goes on next week. Does the system come with the DB Killer already in? Or do you have to install that as well?
The DB killer is not installed out-of-the-box. It was easy to install, though! Just slide it in, line up the holes, and secure it from the outside of the exhaust using the included bolt. For my full carbon version, getting the little black rubber insert out that covers the hole, was the biggest pain!  :P

Looks like I have to wait two weeks before the supplier gets new stock...these pipes are proving hugely popular.

Would others that have installed the Yoshi please chime in with their comments on performance? Does the bike still pull strongly from idle? Is there any deterioration in acceleration/torque in the lower rpm range? Yoshimura say there's no performance hit in their dyno specs; wonder what your real-world experience has been.

I have not felt and losses. I also have not seen any gains. Feels pretty much exactly the same. But it no longer sounds like a moped. It sounds like a real motorcycle now. Plus it truly looks better.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the Yoshimura Stage 1 kit available in the Dobeck Performance Supporting Vendor section!

Best pricing around!

If you only want the exhaust and are not ready for the tuner, let me know.
We have exhaust only pricing!

--TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Is the exhaust repack necessary on this exhaust? If so at what mileage?
What is an exhaust repack?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived