The MT-07 Forum

Yoshimura Exhaust

motomaniac13

Guest whitegas

Yeah.

There are quite a few times I did not properly set the seat when I screwed it in, it gets annoying.

You sort of have to slide it in forward. Like, make a 2-3 inch gap at the front (seat moved towards the back of the bike) then slide it forward as it drops down. It was about the 3rd time I didn't properly set the seat when I got down the slide technique.

Anyway, I can tell right away if a seat is not on right just by looking at the gap.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah. 
There are quite a few times I did not properly set the seat when I screwed it in, it gets annoying.

You sort of have to slide it in forward. Like, make a 2-3 inch gap at the front (seat moved towards the back of the bike) then slide it forward as it drops down. It was about the 3rd time I didn't properly set the seat when I got down the slide technique.

Anyway, I can tell right away if a seat is not on right just by looking at the gap.
Ok thanks for the heads up, i will check it when i get home. Do you have a gap at the front of the seat? because i saw that gap when installing and thought that couldn't be right and re installed in till i had it the way i had it now. So maybe i had it right the first time and there's suppose to be a gap at the front. 

fooschnickens
Yeah. 

Ok thanks for the heads up, i will check it when i get home. Do you have a gap at the front of the seat? because i saw that gap when installing and thought that couldn't be right and re installed in till i had it the way i had it now. So maybe i had it right the first time and there's suppose to be a gap at the front. 
There should barely be any gap. It takes a few tries to get it in there properly. My seat looked like yours did when I was trying to reinstall it after putting on my charging cable. You have to kinda "curve" it into place and you'll feel it click in.

There should barely be any gap. It takes a few tries to get it in there properly. My seat looked like yours did when I was trying to reinstall it after putting on my charging cable. You have to kinda "curve" it into place and you'll feel it click in.
Ok thanks guys will reinstall when I get home 

Have ordered the yoshi stainless steel from revzilla, so will have to wait about 10 days to have it in Mexico, will update this post with pics once installed

I ordered my stainless Yosh from RevZilla, too. It would have been delivered today, but....there are 8 freaking inches of snow on the ground and temps in the 20's for the week. Who knows when I will see it now...

Winter sucks.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Support your local supporting vendor!
We offer the exhaust only as well as the stage 1 kit.
We ship international as well.

Our Yosh price is the same as Revzilla, shipping included within the continental USA.
Also ship to HI & AK but shipping not included.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Fugggggg revzilla sold out of the yosh right after i purchased it so they had to refund my money and gave me a $25 credit to their store. They told me they dont expect to have this exhaust back in stock until late march.

Then i went to motorcycle superstore and got on the phone with the lady who told me they had it in stock but when she saw i lived in cali she told me they couldn't even sell/ship it to me because of emissions laws.. Bummer guess ill be waiting till the end of march then

Fugggggg revzilla sold out of the yosh right after i purchased it so they had to refund my money and gave me a $25 credit to their store. They told me they dont expect to have this exhaust back in stock until late march.  
Then i went to motorcycle superstore and got on the phone with the lady who told me they had it in stock but when she saw i lived in cali she told me they couldn't even sell/ship it to me because of emissions laws.. Bummer guess ill be waiting till the end of march then
Buy it from tuning HQ!

Look at the post above yours.

Anyone disconnecting the o2 sensor on this exhaust with an ejk controller? If so how you disconnecting?
Think I heard if people doing this, what is the benifit? I have a carbn yoshimura with ejk l, should I do it? 

Anyone disconnecting the o2 sensor on this exhaust with an ejk controller? If so how you disconnecting?
Yes, I'm running without the O2 sensor. With it left installed the onboard computer tries to override the EJK adjustments. I believe I read that it effects the idle and lower rpm's. If you have a plug to screw in place to seal it, do it. Dobeck gave me a different setting after it was blocked off. Removing it is easy, the plugin for it is just behind the grey plastic cover.  

squintyeyes
Yes, I'm running without the O2 sensor. With it left installed the onboard computer tries to override the EJK adjustments. I believe I read that it effects the idle and lower rpm's. If you have a plug to screw in place to seal it, do it. Dobeck gave me a different setting after it was blocked off. Removing it is easy, the plugin for it is just behind the grey plastic cover. 
Yea how would I uninstall sensor and what did you use as plug? Also would that make the temp reading on the dash not work? 

Guest whitegas

Unscrew the o2 sensor and follow the wire to up until you reach the plugin, disconnect the plugin. And then you fill the hole with a o2 sensor plug (basically a big stubby short screw) which googling yielded a revzilla hit but you probably can use any place that sells em. Also a quick search made me think that you will need a 12mm plug but I could be wrong on that since it was literally 10 seconds of searching.

What I want to know is does the EJK come fully programmed for a exhaust that you want at the time of order or do you have to manually program it yourself for the exhaust?

Unscrew the o2 sensor and follow the wire to up until you reach the plugin, disconnect the plugin. And then you fill the hole with a o2 sensor plug (basically a big stubby short screw) which googling yielded a revzilla hit but you probably can use any place that sells em. Also a quick search made me think that you will need a 12mm plug but I could be wrong on that since it was literally 10 seconds of searching. 
What I want to know is does the EJK come fully programmed for a exhaust that you want at the time of order or do you have to manually program it yourself for the exhaust?
If the Dobeck boys have had a specific exhaust to dyno they will have it set up exactly for the that exhaust. If not, they will have it close to what it should be, if not dead on. In either case, it will be much better than stock. In my case, with the MIVV exhaust they had not gotten one to dyno. They said that the unit they sent me was close. In calling them after the installation they gave me additional changes once I told them that I had stock air cleaner and snorkel. They also then suggested that I remove the O2 sensor and they gave me the appropiate new setup numbers. I've only been able to run my new set up for several miles so I can't tell you much other than it seemed to pull hard and no flat spots or issues. They are very good at answering and explaining things if you have questions.

squintyeyes
What was the revzilla plug/product you found? Also from what the dobeck people told me, since i bought a stage 1 kit it would come premapped for the yoshi since that's what i was buying and from there i can tune it in more if i want or situation changes. He also told me all there maps are done with the airbox cover/snorkel off, so that's what i also did with mine. 

Exhaust is now in stock on Revzilla and Motorcycle Superstore.

Of course the day after I order a Two Brothers and EJK...but, 2 bros and Yoshi for me were VERY close, so I am happy either way

anyone had trouble fitting the headers? i had to almost bend it to get it fit in the 2 cilinders, because it only fitted in one hole at a time....

Guest whitegas
anyone had trouble fitting the headers? i had to almost bend it to get it fit in the 2 cilinders, because it only fitted in one hole at a time....

Hmmm... that is strange. No I didn't have that problem. Wonder if there was a production defect in the bending of the pipes? How did you fix the problem?

No troubles fitting the headers here. Went right on for me. The insert is another story mine does not fit for some reason

Hmmm... that is strange. No I didn't have that problem. Wonder if there was a production defect in the bending of the pipes? How did you fix the problem?
Dont kow how to tell in english  but i used a dremel tool to take of steel  and then get it to fit,    making a phisical comparation beteween  the oem headers and the yoshis  it seems yoshi its like 1mm wider and its a little bit miss aligned.

pantheraleo

My headers took some finesse. I didn't need to dremel them....but I did need to get the angle just right, then they slid into place.

Yes! Revzilla told me a few weeks ago they expect it in stock late march but now yoshimura said they dont expect to have the exhaust ready to send out till late april! So jealous of everyone who picked this amazing piece of pipe up before they were all gone. I have no patience for this lol im contemplating the two bros but i really think its TOO loud.. Especially being in Cali

Archived