The MT-07 Forum

Idle

derekfz

I noticed my fz wasn't idling like it was new (only 3k on it now) but I checked my thottlebody sync and was perfect. Ended up just some fuel injector cleaner cleared the problem right up. Anyone else experienced this? My bike is 3 months old and was already fouling up I'm guessing. Could've been bad fuel too. But anyways I thought it was kinda weird. Now I'm gunna just run some every few tanks.

Could you give more details on how it's idling?

What RPM is it idling at after the engine has warmed up at least 140° F?

Also have you done any mods to the air box/air filter or got an aftermarket exhaust? The fuel map on your ECU will need to be flashed if you change the stock intake/exhaust setup because it'll change the fuel/oxygen ratios.

You do you and I'll do me.

My bike is stock. It was just very unsteady it would jump around from the 1k bar and the next bar. You could Noticeably hear it not purring lol. And would sometimes stall right off throttle at stop lights. But like I said it's way better now. I'm defintally considering getting an ejk just to help with the crappy stock fuel map this bike has. Or a reflash. I'm saving for an exhaust so it would be kinda nice reflash now and just send it back in when I get the one I want.

• Global Moderator
My bike is stock. It was just very unsteady it would jump around from the 1k bar and the next bar. You could Noticeably hear it not purring lol. And would sometimes stall right off throttle at stop lights. But like I said it's way better now. I'm defintally considering getting an ejk just to help with the crappy stock fuel map this bike has. Or a reflash. I'm saving for an exhaust so it would be kinda nice reflash now and just send it back in when I get the one I want.

Definitely get a reflash (or EJK). My bike has a totally stock intake and exhaust and the flash is probably the best mod I have done. I wish I had done it sooner.

pattybags
I noticed my fz wasn't idling like it was new (only 3k on it now) but I checked my thottlebody sync and was perfect. Ended up just some fuel injector cleaner cleared the problem right up. Anyone else experienced this? My bike is 3 months old and was already fouling up I'm guessing. Could've been bad fuel too. But anyways I thought it was kinda weird. Now I'm gunna just run some every few tanks.
Sea Foam?

Archived