The MT-07 Forum

Shift lever Torque setting?

gigex

Hey all. I'm installing some new footpegs on my fz. It seems simple enough but on the left side it would seem as if I have to remove the shift lever in order to remove the pivot pin of the footpeg. Is there a torque setting I need to reinstall the lever? Any other advice is also welcomed. Thnx

If yer referring to the pinch clamp that grabs the splined shaft coming our of the gearbox, think I would just do by feel. You should be able to see and feel the clamp tighten up on that shaft. It really doesn't have to be any tighter than to keep it from wobbling in the splines.

Crank on it too hard and it might break, so don't go past where it feels tight. It's small hardware, so you probably won't need more than a 1/4" drive socket or maybe a short box-end wrench.

• Global Moderator

I do not remember what I had to remove to get to the foot peg but I do remember just tightening them to "snug". So far everything is still there a year or so later. I probably should have looked up the correct torque values though.

If you do not have an answer by the time I get home I will look it up in the service manual.

Archived