The MT-07 Forum

stock exhaust mod

wideopenallthetime

If you make yourself three 1" x 4" flat brackets with two 7mm holes at either end and use these to bring your origional exhaust cover rearwards this will make your exhaust sound 200% better and you don't have to drill,cut or remap your engine,I've now made a prototype cover out of stainless and it works great, you won't have any warranty issues either.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XovEDuosGs&list=UUFK492xLWNRoHO_agbS8w7A

bike pics

If you make yourself three 1" x 4" flat brackets with two 7mm holes at either end and use these to bring your origional exhaust cover rearwards this will make your exhaust sound 200% better and you don't have to drill,cut or remap your engine,I've now made a prototype cover out of stainless and it works great, you won't have any warranty issues either.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XovEDuosGs&list=UUFK492xLWNRoHO_agbS8w7A 

bike pics

I can't quite grasp what you did, but the sound is great.  It looks a lot better all black.  Looks like a Frank Lloyd Wright design .. very modern.

hi jerry, to give you a clearer idea if you remove the three allen bolts holding your stock cover on then start your engine and with right hand on throttle and left hand on the cover slowly slide it rearwards blipping the throttle as you do it until you get it out about 4" if you keep the hole in line with the exhaust outlet you now hear a clear growl from the cover. all ive done is replicate this with a stainless cover which hides the mounting points. let me know how you get on. regards Duncan. PS it sounds stacks better in the flesh and graet on the overrun.

hi jerry, to give you a clearer idea if you remove the three allen bolts holding your stock cover on then start your engine and with right hand on throttle and left hand on the cover slowly slide it rearwards blipping the throttle as you do it until you get it out about 4" if you keep the hole in line with the exhaust outlet you now hear a clear growl from the cover. all ive done is replicate this with a stainless cover which hides the mounting points. let me know how you get on. regards Duncan. PS it sounds stacks better in the flesh and graet on the overrun.

With all do respect your just making an echo chamber, and one more place for the exhaust gases to slow down and become turbulent.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

well arn't you a bright boy. so whats your point its post exhaust so has no influence on any other part of system other than noise, these fuc.n forums are full of dick heads, over and out.

well arn't you a bright boy. so whats your point its post exhaust so has no influence on any other part of system other than noise, these fuc.n forums are full of dick heads, over and out.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, your work looks good. It's cool to see people thinking out of the box. As far as being post exhaust it's not, just like putting a silencer on a gun it will slow down the gases. Where ever exhaust gases are not channeled they will slow down and have a negative effect. Sorry you have thin skin.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
OP,  
How is the bike running to date? Can you show us a picture of what you exactly did and where?
I want the logo in your profile pic on all Yamaha bikes.  I think i'd boost sales!  (rofl)

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Well that turned faster than I could think...

OP,  
How is the bike running to date? Can you show us a picture of what you exactly did and where?
I want the logo in your profile pic on all Yamaha bikes.  I think i'd boost sales!  (rofl)
I agree :) 
Maybe giving us the chick with the bike would be best for sales :D

@wideopenallthetime sound is deeper but in the video it doesn't sound very convincing. In higher revs it sounds... weird.
I do like your Macbeth bracelet on the brake fluid.

What handlebar do you use? looks lower. is it further from the seat? I have quite long arms and I would like something that would push me a bit more foreward and give the bike a more agressive look

Sir LightYear

• 1 year later...

This is coming from a guy who drilled the exhaust... I regret it. It did make it a bit louder and sounded ok at higher RPM's but at lower RPM's it still sounded like a moped, only now an angry moped. It did not make it sound "throaty", but more "puttery". I don't know if it's more embarrassing starting a bike that is hard to hear, or starting a bike that sounds like a loud moped.

Either way, I rode it like that for the summer and just put in an order for the new black SC Project exhaust. No more putter :-D

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking to drill holes to my MT but a bit confused about would it decrease bike's re-sale value? If I will sale it after few years at YAMAHA dealer then would it become any kind of an issue? Also does it affect bike's warranty?

I am thinking to drill holes to my MT but a bit confused about would it decrease bike's re-sale value? If I will sale it after few years at YAMAHA dealer then would it become any kind of an issue? Also does it affect bike's warranty?
I don't know about warranty but trading it off or selling could be a bitch. As a potential buyer, I would quickly walk away from it. A dealer will knock a thousand bucks off its trade in value.  That butcher job on the exhaust is nasty. Buy an exhaust. You can always put the stock system back on to sell and resell the after market exhaust. 

Archived