Share your roads of love

faffi

I like roads like Lysebotn
Lysebotn.jpg

Gaularfjell
Gaularfjell.jpg

Geiranger Eagle Road
rnevegen.jpg

If you want to watch some videos of roads I enjoy, go here and click on Norway and watch the videos. I do not condone their way of riding - speed is OK, but they use way too much road - but the roads and the scenery I like.
http://www.roadmc.com/default.asp?pub=0&sub=6

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! I mean they look like a bunch of connected Z's. The scenery is wow!

I think I can put something up here. Might not be the greatest roads in Fl. but the scenery is good.

Beemer

hugson2wheels

Absolutely gorgeous! Reminds me of Tyrol

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

Here's a little fun story on the Eagle Road. Back in 1995, I rode there from the top down. Up until the zig-zagging, I had been pushing my XS500 pretty hard, leaving metal around every corner over the mountain. But noticing the spectacular scenery I went hard to the brake into a sharp, dowhill hairpin, hit an "invisible" huge bump followed by an equally massive dip. The result was that we got airborne with the front brake hard on. The skid mark was a little more than a foot long, and was face down, trapped under the bike.

In 2014, I went back, this time going up. And lo and behold, the same friggin' frost heave and dip was still there, in the same spot as 20 years earlier. And, like then, you simply couldn't see it from above, only from below. Not sure what it is with the ground situation there, but something is taking place, waiting for a silly motorcyclist with no skill to come along so that the silly motorcyclist can end his or her ride right there.

Here's a little fun story on the Eagle Road. Back in 1995, I rode there from the top down. Up until the zig-zagging, I had been pushing my XS500 pretty hard, leaving metal around every corner over the mountain. But noticing the spectacular scenery I went hard to the brake into a sharp, dowhill hairpin, hit an "invisible" huge bump followed by an equally massive dip. The result was that we got airborne with the front brake hard on. The skid mark was a little more than a foot long, and was face down, trapped under the bike. 
In 2014, I went back, this time going up. And lo and behold, the same friggin' frost heave and dip was still there, in the same spot as 20 years earlier. And, like then, you simply couldn't see it from above, only from below. Not sure what it is with the ground situation there, but something is taking place, waiting for a silly motorcyclist with no skill to come along so that the silly motorcyclist can end his or her ride right there.
That spot is evil! You need to have it exorcized. 

Beemer

I'm stuck in the IL, the best thing around me is farm back roads. Otherwise its a full days trip to the Mississippi or southern WI.

The rockies offer some pretty nice scenery and twisties, but I've only been able to head up a couple times. Once the weather gets warmer I'll be able to get more intimate with my beloved mountains.

Archived