The MT-07 Forum

Trackday Thompson Speedway Jun 9

farble

Signed up for Friday June 9 with Tony's Track days. I have a new stock 2016 f7-07. Thompson Connecticut has a new road racing track. I'm 71, and not in particularly good shape, but working on strengthening thighs, as these will have to supplement  the stock suspension. Been a while since I did a track day so I have started moving around on the seat to get the feel of it. Bike seems particularly twitchy especially when I use the bars to leverage my weight around on the bike. Being smooth is going to be key, I think. I've done a lot of Penguin track days, excellent organization and instruction, but Tony's was recommended as being more suitable to my casual non-competitive style. Like, that long straight looks to me like an opportunity to rest and relax.

track_1_7_mile.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Signed up for Friday June 9 with Tony's Track days. I have a new stock 2016 f7-07. Thompson Connecticut has a new road racing track. I'm 71, and not in particularly good shape, but working on strengthening thighs, as these will have to supplement  the stock suspension. Been a while since I did a track day so I have started moving around on the seat to get the feel of it. Bike seems particularly twitchy especially when I use the bars to leverage my weight around on the bike. Being smooth is going to be key, I think. I've done a lot of Penguin track days, excellent organization and instruction, but Tony's was recommended as being more suitable to my casual non-competitive style. Like, that long straight looks to me like an opportunity to rest and relax. 

track_1_7_mile.jpg

Please share how it goes.  Are you far from New York Safety Track?

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 1 month later...

In Rhode, Island. New York Safety Track looks good for next year. Any advice on who offers good track days there?

Archived