The MT-07 Forum

If money was no issue

faffi

I can't seem to find the info on it now, but last year I found an article about having Aprilia make a custom gp-style bike. For 120k they fly you out, you talk with their engineers and race guys, they set everything up exactly how you want it down to frame geometry, and then they teach you how to get the most out of the bike and the crazy tech they put into it.

That's what I would choose if money wasn't an issue.

• Global Moderator

If money was no issue, I would build a factory/shop and build my own custom bikes

If I could add a stable-mate it'd hands down one of the new Husky 701's. If I didn't do some longer range rides, I would have bought one of those instead of the FZ. Incredible machine.

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

Tough question.....so hard to just choose one. If I had to just choose one, probably a BMW S1000RR. If money was no object, I'm assuming I get to keep my FZ07 lol.....if I had to replace it and money was no object, it'd probably be an S1000R, a new Street Triple, or a 1290 Superduke R.

vroomvroom

I'd build a 10000 sq ft garage on some italian coastline and spend the rest of my days filling it with the most exotic machines I could find.

2wheeler have the dream bikes covered in his topic - that's why I asked about current bikes.

If I could have just one, it would depend on whether I could persuade my wife to become a regular passenger or not. If yes, it would be a Triumph Rocket III because she likes to sit on big things  :-X  If for me only, I would be very tempted by the CB1100RS for its looks, but I think I'd rather go with an MT-07 and spend a bit on suspension, seat and looks. I'd love to fit a big all-metal fuel tank along the lines of the old Z1300 together with a more retro-looking seat and tailpiece. A good RWUP fork with cartridges would also be desirable together with a better looking front fender.

However, this is beyond my abilities so I hope my Nitron shock that's in the main together with the DDC valves in the fork will be enough to make me happy :)

[div]Since you specified one motorcycle I think I would be pretty happy with a Ducati Multistrada 950 so that I could have a nice touring bike along with my raucous, playful, hooligan-ish, FZ-07.[/div]

Beemer

They had the new r6 in the showroom when I picked up the FZ. Had my adrenaline going just looking at it. But money is an object and I wanted a zippy upright for me and the lady. Sure miss my old R6 though...
20170414_123015.jpg

They had the new r6 in the showroom when I picked up the FZ. Had my adrenaline going just looking at it. But money is an object and I wanted a zippy upright for me and the lady. Sure miss my old R6 though... 20170414_123015.jpg

As soon as I can find a salvaged 2017 with a straight frame I'm picking it up as a track dedicated bike. Yamaha really did well with the redesign.

Archived